remington recall

bfowler97

Wow i have to check mine, I wonder how they found out......... maybe some accidents happened that caused some investigation into the model rifle. Thanks for posting

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
THis has me pissed off.....

I have several.. There is no way in you know what that I will pull my scopes on all then re bore sight all of them....
There needs to be a better system and more local dealer fix.
For the cost of time, dealing with it, ammo to zero, fuel for range trips, there is no way I will take my guns down and send back.

If anything I will do it myself or replace the triggers with aftermarket....

I'm up to 4 so far maybe more.

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
We had to pull all our 700's in all configurations off the wall and shelves at DSG today. Got reports of stores across the country pulling them all.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have one that is affected. I was thinking of having a laminated stock put on it, now might just be a good time to do it and stick a good trigger in it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have one that is affected. I was thinking of having a laminated stock put on it, now might just be a good time to do it and stick a good trigger in it.
Yep and if you have an oversized stock then who knows if it will fit the box, also if you have lapped and trued rings or one piece set up you are screwed taking all that off....

I plan to call them to see if they will give a credit for the triggers that I send in or anything other then sending them in.
Even if they send me a credit for the shipping and box both ways....

10$ box and 20$ shipping each way????

Last edited:

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
after typing in my SN it says it is affected, but i dont think i have the x mark pro trigger as there is no screw that allows for adjustment. this sucks.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
THis has me pissed off.....

I have several.. There is no way in you know what that I will pull my scopes on all then re bore sight all of them....
There needs to be a better system and more local dealer fix.
For the cost of time, dealing with it, ammo to zero, fuel for range trips, there is no way I will take my guns down and send back.

If anything I will do it myself or replace the triggers with aftermarket....

I'm up to 4 so far maybe more.

That's how I feel. I'm thinking about just putting a Timney in mine and calling it done.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Interesting that he problem is "excess bonding agent" and can be corrected by "specialized cleaning". Makes me wonder what that exactly means? Either there is too much glue in there somewhere or maybe correcting a borderline tolerance issue by removing metal or even exchanging actual parts. I bet the home solution comes out in time unless actual replacement parts are required.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Agree on a local fix needed

Yep, been trying to call them and see if I can send in the trigger.
I have three Timney triggers on order and one setting in the shop that can go in, but still need to cover the rest of them...

Was wondering why so many people were asking me about the adj trigger and that you could turn the screw several times and no change in poundage. I had one of mine do that. Guess that was the problem, the screws and springs get filled with the loctite or what ever they are using.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The ironic thing is the X-mark was supposed to be the replacement trigger for a *potentially* unsafe (unintentional discharge) trigger in the 700's. It was very rare, and since they couldn't pinpoint when it might happen, the fix was to send it back for an X-mark pro. There are a good number of owners who have already sent their guns back once.

Just like with the previous issue, I wonder if this is really a widespread problem, or if there was just a handful of cases.

raysbucktail

Four Pointer
I have two on recall. I just ordered aftermarket triggers. I am not sending them in. I think they want all of us to just buy aftermarket triggers so they will be in the clear.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The X Marks are junk anyway.... Absolutely pathetic that Remington can't put a decent trigger in what otherwise can be called a fine rifle. When they decided to chase the cheapo market, they lost their way IMO.

Banditz

Only issue I ever had was the stupid mount for the front broke off when I fired like the third shot!!! It sucked!! Had a set of stands on the front and bam... fired the shot and rifle fell off the stand. Mount sheered off!! I was pissed to say the least. Now this...?

Bigtime

Ya know, some of you fellas have hard feelings regarding Remington. Is it the rifles, the shotguns or Remingtons overall reputation? I own an 1100 that I bought for my dad back in the 70's and when he passed, mom gave it back to be. To my knowledge that shotgun has never experienced a hiccup, a misfire, jam or any other malfunction of any kind.

I also have a Remington 700 BDL that I bought in the early 80's that I've never had a single problem but I was headed to Texas on a dream hunt right after that 20/20 program hit the scene claiming that the 700's were going off for no appearent reason so I had my gunsmith install a Timeny trigger in it and adjust the trigger to my liking.

Now, 3 years ago my wife bought me a Remington VersaMax and I haven't had any major problems with it either.

I do not own a Remington semi auto rifle as I find the Browning semi auto (BAR) much more reliable. I had pretty much wore my old .243 742 Woodsmaster that never hung up on me as long as I kept it clean. I then went to the Remington model 7400 and she Jammed almost every shot.

Just sharing my experinces with Remington products. May God bless each and everyone of you!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Not at all the same

I like the remington 700, but think the company sucks for the way they have picked to deal with this and problem plus time put on the end user that spent the money....

You should be able to return the product to a local store or service center.
You should not be placed in a spot that cost you a bunch more money and loss of time and use.

If it were a car and they made you park it for X amount of time and send you Chevy back to Mexico for repair, how you thing that would go....
Or they say don't like it you can always pay to replace the failed part on your own, but were are not going to do anything for you....

double

Twelve Pointer
Difference is with your car on a recall you have to take it to a Chevy Ford Toyota etc dealership. I have never seen a Remington or Browning dealership. If you buy a tv at Walmart and it is recalled you do not take it back to Walmart you deal with the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Difference is with your car on a recall you have to take it to a Chevy Ford Toyota etc dealership. I have never seen a Remington or Browning dealership. If you buy a tv at Walmart and it is recalled you do not take it back to Walmart you deal with the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are wrong....Can't read the writing on the wall

https://www.browning.com/dealerlocator/results.asp?bg=x&state=NC&product_type=0&search=Locate+Dealer
http://www.browning.com/customerservice/partsandservice/servicecenters/index.asp?bg=x
http://www.remington.com/pages/support/retail-locator.aspx
http://www.remington.com/pages/support/parts-information/specialty-parts-dealers.aspx

EMB

Ten Pointer
Well I just entered my serial number on the web site and it says mine is a recall model. Funny thing is according to the pictures on the site, my trigger is grooved and shouldn't be a recalled version. I'm not thrilled about sending my gun away and plan on calling in the morning to try and verify my gun again. I may just do what others have done and put on another trigger assembly.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Not at all the same

I like the remington 700, but think the company sucks for the way they have picked to deal with this and problem plus time put on the end user that spent the money....

You should be able to return the product to a local store or service center.
You should not be placed in a spot that cost you a bunch more money and loss of time and use.

If it were a car and they made you park it for X amount of time and send you Chevy back to Mexico for repair, how you thing that would go....
Or they say don't like it you can always pay to replace the failed part on your own, but were are not going to do anything for you....

Most folks also don't use their rifle on a daily basis. There's a bit of a price difference, too. I do agree that they should be paying shipping. It's their mistake, not yours. A credit to a local gunsmith would be acceptable, too.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I'd just buy a better trigger. After you send it back, you are still going to have a X Mark.

That was why I was pushing for a buy back on the trigger unit or a credit/rebate to keep you as a Remington customer, but they said no, they want the guns back, will not group them to make sure I do not have 6 days with guns coming to the house or any ETA for return as I travel and they may ship when I'm gone for a week or more at a time....

Just a PITA and they could pick many different ways to help due to the fact it covers so many guns.