Amended Tax Return

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I received a late 1099-DIV after I had already filed my taxes. So I did my patriotic duty and filed an amended return. The new dividends increased my income tax by $30. Since it was foreign dividends, I had a $29 foreign tax credit. So my net increase in taxes was $1. I printed out the 1040X form, attached the appropriate documentation and included a check for $1.

The government will probably spend a couple hundred dollars processing all the paperwork and cashing the check.

Last edited:

m4ncsu

Ten Pointer
Reminds me of getting the toll bill for like .85 cents. I actually put .85 cents in the envelope and mailed it back to them. They ended up mailing me like 4 or 5 letters to get it straightened out.

Fatkid

I was once audited by the Employment Security Commission. A lady came to my office and went over my books for nearly a week. I ended up owing them 19 cents.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
With the level of stupidity that comes from government in any form no matter if its city, county,, state or federal its no mystery to me why our country is in the shape its in today...

Deerjager

With the level of stupidity that comes from government in any form no matter if its city, county,, state or federal its no mystery to me why our country is in the shape its in today...

^^Gotta agree with you^^