Buds Gunshop

OnslowDeerMan

Has anyone gotten guns from Buds gunshop? How do you go about doing so?

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You order and have it shipped to a local FFL. You go to the FFL and give them pistol permit or fill out a 4473. Then you get your gun.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if they consider a credit/debit card cash for the cash discount price. Also most FFL's charge at least $25 for transfer fees. Given these two I usually see if my local FFL dealer can get me the same firearm about the same. This way I get what I want and support a local shop too!

bilntime

Eight Pointer
I have had one local FFL refuse to do a transfer from Bud's Gun Shop - the reason they gave was that Bud's sells guns cheaper than the local FFL could get the same gun from their distributor, and as such, they refused to have anything to do with Bud's.

Could have been BS, I don't know.

However, I found a more convenient (location-wise) and cheaper FFL that had no problem doing the transfer.

Craig@NC

Has anyone gotten guns from Buds gunshop? How do you go about doing so?

I have used Buds several times. Once I've made the purchase online, I mail them a check because it is cheaper that way. Then, I use their FFL finder to locate cooperative dealers in my area. Never had a problem with Buds.

As far as support for local gun stores goes, that's all well and good in theory. However, since I haven't found a local (to me) gun store yet that has done much of anything to earn my business, I cut out the frustration of the middle man and give Buds my business.

FishNc13

Buds is great. Look at the list of preferred FFL dealers. Easy transactions and super fast delivery.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If I owned a gun shop, this would be my take on ffl fees:

I would charge low ffl fees. (why spend advertising dollars to attract potential clients? Ask any other business if they would accept to be paid $15-$20 per vetted, targeted prospect that walks in their door, I would hazard a guess that they would jump at the chance.)

As part of the ffl process, I would be sure a tour of the store, a list of services offered, ie: Ammo, reloading supplies, gunsmithing services, recall notifications, secure gun storage (24 hr access would be nice) range etc.....and most importantly, register them for Future contact by your business.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I have used Bud's twice and fixin to use them again.
No problems.
I mailed check last time for the cash price.
It took a few days for funds to hit there account .
There is another way to send the cash electronically not sure how this works ?

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

Last edited:

OnslowDeerMan

I'm ordering a S&W M&P22, it's the cheapest I've found. Shot one the other day and fell in love, they are AWESOME!!!

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
Was planning on ordering from Bud's until a Buddy straightened me out. He went in there one day and had to lock his pistol in the car.

That's right Bud's Gun shop does not allow concealed carry in their store! That was all I needed to know.

csmashe

Was planning on ordering from Bud's until a Buddy straightened me out. He went in there one day and had to lock his pistol in the car.

That's right Bud's Gun shop does not allow concealed carry in their store! That was all I needed to know.
A couple of the local gun shops here have the same posting. when i asked I was told that it referrers to someone walking in with a loaded gun in their hand that they are looking for trade or sell or have work done on. They said it does not pertain to someone who is legally carrying unless that person wants to take the gun out of the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A couple of the local gun shops here have the same posting. when i asked I was told that it referrers to someone walking in with a loaded gun in their hand that they are looking for trade or sell or have work done on. They said it does not pertain to someone who is legally carrying unless that person wants to take the gun out of the holster.

There is a local shop around here that says to keep loaded guns in holster. I think that is the better way to write it.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I've used Buds and had no problems. My local FFL runs a hardware store and has a few old clunkers on the shelf. He could care less what the gun prices are. It's an easy $20 for him.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
there is a FFL in Richlands that is already set up with Bud's. Use the FFL search function and he should pop right up. He's like $20.

No sales tax and just a $20 FFL fee, they are hard to beat. When your local folks don't carry what you are looking, it's hard to over look Buds

Last edited:

dsink

Eight Pointer
I'm ordering a S&W M&P22, it's the cheapest I've found. Shot one the other day and fell in love, they are AWESOME!!!

You will love it. I bought me, I mean my girls one so they would have a handgun to learn to shoot. Spare mags are a bit pricey when you can find them but its a great 22 pistol.
Mine, I mean theres does seem to be a little picky about the ammo it likes. The Federal 525rd bulk packs seems to work best in mine, I mean theres....

MAM3006

Six Pointer
I have used Bud's (and others like them off Gun Broker). No problems with them however I call BS on the credit card fees they charge. Beware there are two prices generally. One for cash and one from using CC's. Usually the cash price is the one they advertise.

OnslowDeerMan

Already ordered 2 lol they will be here Monday.

OnslowDeerMan

You can get the ones for the m&p22 from the website. But I got mine on eBay. Their official, not knock offs. Won one of em for $27 and some change and the other was $31 and some change.

OnslowDeerMan

Also my father inlaw ordered 2 of the magazines for the m&p 9mm from the website, then called to check on the order it had shipped. So there are mags to be had.

OnslowDeerMan

I am referring to the m&p22 pistol, thanks for the heads up though!!

OnslowDeerMan

No worries haha thanks though :^D

Last edited:

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I ordered from them, paid by electronic check and had no real problems. They did send an email stating that my gun would not ship for an additional week to ten days, when I called and spoke to someone, they weren't much help and couldn't explain why it was going to take longer to ship given the fact that the gun was in stock.

After all that, the gun still arrived a day before it was originally suppose to. I used on of their "preferred FFL" that has already agreed to handle the transactions for them. Even with the $20 transfer fee, I saved about $400 on one shotgun.