Mineral Site

Famous Amos

I put out my HR Carver minerals yesterday. I put it next to my food plot and near where I have been putting our deer corn and record rack. Did I do it right and does it look good?
photo-17.JPG

Last edited:

Wildlifepro51

No, You did not do it right. You put it out in a open field!!!. You place a mineral site inside the wood line just off of a trail from bedding areas to feed areas. At least a minimum of 30 to 40 ft to allow deer to still look into the field but still avoid being seen and escape to cover quickly if needed. And you never mix dirt in directly with a mineral site.PS you do not put out corn for deer this time of year for deer, Its carbs and starch total opposite of their intake need of proteins for this time of year.

Last edited:

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I tell people the ideal spot is a trail intersection between a water source and a warm season food source (soybean field, food plot, etc). I would have tried to find a cozier spot but they should still use it at night, and maybe some in the day depending how secluded that area is.

And thanks for your business!

Last edited:
There is no WRONG way.....If you have plenty of deer, they will use it.
i agree with this... ive put out several in the last two years , few next to creek crossings and a few on field edges, i think it all depends on the area and the minerals u use .. ive used HR'S STUFF and they seem to use it in all the places ive put them!!!

Famous Amos

So far, they are tearing it up. There are deer out there every afternoon and morning.

PWR-WGN

I put mine out two weekends ago, but haven't been back to check on it since. Looking forward to the results!

THERYANO311

Twelve Pointer
It will be fine. There is no right or wrong way. Yea they might use a site in the woods more but that doesn't mean it's wrong to put in field. I have one on a field edge and they have wore it out day and night

Famous Amos

I checked my camera today and there were deer at my spot 24/7 and the good thing is that a lot of them were bucks.

Last edited:

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
I put mine out about a month ago. Never done a mineral site before. I put it near bedding, food and water. I'm getting about 20 pictures a day with a 5 minute delay on my camera. Awesome stuff. Hr carver is the man!

PWR-WGN

Checked mine this weekend also. Its only been out two weeks, but they are tearing it up already. Good stuff!!