Open carry holster preferences?

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
After a recent event, I'll be carrying from now on. I've still got a few months until I can take a concealed carry class, so I'm stuck with open for now. I will be getting something like a P-series Ruger in the very near future, so I'm now looking to see if anyone has any suggestions on open holsters for something of comparable size. That'll just leave me with researching who does and doesn't allow open carry. Thank you all,
Noah

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
In the woods I carry a blackhawk Serpa holster or a forbus paddle holster. Both are comfortable, secure and fairly economical as far as holsters go.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Love my Blackhawk serpa paddle holster. I also have a kydex holster that awesome for open or concealed because it has reversible clips so it can be iwb or owb. ..will have to try and find the name of it, can't remember right now.

Sent From Ink's House

THHEAT

Twelve Pointer
I have got both blackhawk and fobus as well as a bianchi paddle holsters, all work great. (Sadly lost them when the boat sank after forgetting to put drain plug in);)

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Blackhawk Serpa with belt loops and bianchi paddle holster. I'm not fond of fobus.

I'm interested in hearing more about the reversible clip kydex that Zombie mentioned.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Love my Blackhawk serpa paddle holster. I also have a kydex holster that awesome for open or concealed because it has reversible clips so it can be iwb or owb. ..will have to try and find the name of it, can't remember right now.

Sent From Ink's House
Zombie,

What that a RR Holmes holster?? There was a guy named Rick Holmes out of high point that made all kydex reversable holsters...

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure...my cousin bought it..but I love it. No name on it, I'll send my cousin a text.
ydu4ymep.jpg

4a9amazy.jpg

9u6avy6y.jpg

Sent From Ink's House

Lou

Eight Pointer
I don't care for plastic holsters, I prefer a well made molded leather "pancake" style. I have two Model 1 Pancake holsters from Lobo Gun Leather http://www.lobogunleather.com/ one for a 1911 and one for a 3" N-Frame S&W. Both work great and I think the pricing is quite fair especially considering the fit and quality.

Lou

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
MTR Custom Leather in Ramsuer, NC makes some nice holsters too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

buckrunner

Another vote for the serpa. I really like the retention button.

Sig

If I'm going to open carry in a public place it's going to be a Blackhawk Serpa. You don't want somebody, especially a kid, just grabbing your gun out of your holster.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I prefer kydex over leather. . You don't have to worry about water retention, or moisture rusting your gun as bad, if at all.

jim67

Eight Pointer
I vote for the Serpa. That's what I OC with the Glock 19. I actually bought the gun around the holster, since I shoot LH, the Serpa was available in LH for the Glock. The Serpa is a very common OC holster with it being a level 2, which is a good idea for OC.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I use Bulldog leather holsters and love them. For $20, they are hard to beat.