WNC Meet & Greet

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I personally think we should set a date a few weeks out so those that are intending on coming can clear their schedules or whatnot.

As I said before, my schedule is fairly flexible, and I'll eat most anything.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But I do think that the place should be easy to find, and should be able to accommodate a group without any trouble

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm pretty flexible and will eat anything that doesn't eat me first. As much as was hoping it would be sunny mountain restaurant or Debs mini mart, I guess Asheville will work the best for everyone. I've had stone ridge and it was pretty good, especially the fried mushrooms. I'd say something close to the interstates and maybe out of downtown since finding close parking down there can be an issue. Either way.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
I think Harbor Inn Seafood near the Biltmore Square Mall (just down the road from Stone Ridge Tavern) and Ryan's Steakhouse there also have rooms that can be reserved for groups.

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
I'm pretty flexible and will eat anything that doesn't eat me first. As much as was hoping it would be sunny mountain restaurant or Debs mini mart, I guess Asheville will work the best for everyone. I've had stone ridge and it was pretty good, especially the fried mushrooms. I'd say something close to the interstates and maybe out of downtown since finding close parking down there can be an issue. Either way.
Oh no not Debs lol Sunnt mtn would be fine just came by there on my way back from fishin lake lure this mornin

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I think Harbor Inn Seafood near the Biltmore Square Mall (just down the road from Stone Ridge Tavern) and Ryan's Steakhouse there also have rooms that can be reserved for groups.

I've put down many a plates of shrimp at that harbor in back in the day

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

That would work as well, unless you want a beer or some other adult beverage.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
No. I was just setting a date for y'all lol. I'm not sure when I'll be back down. Too dang hot down there haha

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Should be good for me. My calendar is clear...just need to make sure I haven't been committed to anything without my knowledge

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sounds like it might be a foothills meet and greet...LOL!!!

You bring up an excellent point.........since it appears that about 90% of the attendees are foothill residents you might want to consider somewhere down that way!!

Not too late to change it.

Tallpine89

Four Pointer
8-9-14 might work for me as well, I'm off work but will be coming home from the beach that day. I'm in Rutherford county as well.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nah, I'm sure some of the curmudgeons up in the high hills would like to join us, surely.

Not what I meant.......I was trying to say, why should 90% of the attendees drive an hour(+) to Aville instead of the other 10% driving an hour(+) to the foothills?

Unless you guys wanna come check out the nightlife in Downtown after the gathering!!

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll pass on the Asheville nightlife .. I had my fill of the weirdos and oddballs when I worked there.