Cabela's in sc

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Swung by today after picking my SIL up from the airport and snagged the 48" Alumiglow SuperBrite 4800 Lumen light to crappie and striper fish with. Was so congested in the areas where I wanted to be I was pretty aggravated before I left. Did get my light though so I won't complain too much.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
So after reading all of this I've learned that the store is bigger than bps, smaller than bps, worth the trip, and not worth the trip. :):(:):(:confused::confused:

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
It's smaller than BPS from what I can see. If you're going for something in particular and it's in stock then it's worth the trip. It is better than DSG or Academy. I'm glad it's there, but not a place I'll go out of my way to 'browse'.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
So after reading all of this I've learned that the store is bigger than bps, smaller than bps, worth the trip, and not worth the trip. :):(:):(:confused::confused:

Depends on the store.

The older stores are much bigger and nicer than the newer stores.

The traffic and parking at the Greenville Cabelas quite frankly sucks.

HotRod77

Button Buck
When I was young my family went to a car show every year in Sidney, NE. I can rememebr going to the original Cabela's when they were located in what used to be a house (albeit a very LARGE house) and they were mostly a catalog order business. What I always thought was great was that the Bargain Cave was located in the basement of the house, and there was a kinda rickety staircase you had to walk down to get there, so it actually SEEMED like a cave. :)

Nowadays, IMHO, Cabela's is better than BPS for the sole reason that I think of BPS as more of a fishing store, and Cabela's as more of a general outdoors store; there's less square footage dedicated to fishing in a similar sized Cabela's than a BPS.

Having said that, I still enjoy wandering through either one! I'm looking forward to the Carowinds stopre opening.

bownutz22

Button Buck
I have been to cabelas in Charleston WV and it was pretty nice and a lot better than BPS. I just recently took a trip to texas and went to the cabelas in Allen,TX (DFW) and it was impressive as well. cabelas has some very good taxidermy compared to other stores you will visit. Im ready for NC to get a cabelas. The bargain cave is always worth going in, never know what you may find. I will say that the BPS in Pearl, MS is a nice store.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think they should require membership to the bargain cave, only to those who knew what it meant 10 years ago lol.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I started to post the schematics of the Cabelas on here a while back but ended up not doing it. I do construction estimating and actually quoted the Cabelas in Garner and in FT. Mill. Didnt end up with either job but it was cool to be able to see what they are going to look like as well as the floor layout.