Sheet Metal might be available

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
At work we are having a product change and we have a few hundred sheets of 19 gauge raw steel 50"x90". I need 5-10 sheets but don't know what to do with the rest. They where going to sell it to me cheap. I have asked a few friends in the industry if they need any but if they don't take it all I will have some extra if someone needs some. I am wrapping the inside of my buggy/truck with it and will probably make a big smoker with some but there is a lot here.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I was thinking that but wouldn't it be noisy in the rain? I am financially tight right now but it won't be available for a few weeks to a month or more so maybe I will just buy it then. I think it works out to be 400 bucks for 200 sheets of it roughly. Next question is where to store it. I already have three crates of optically pure imported solar glass from Germany in a buddies warehouse. I thought about making a huge greenhouse but the extra costs would kill me building it and the Plexiglas ones are cheap even if they are impure. I end up taking or buying this stuff without a use for it.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
19 guage is pretty doggone heavy, at $2 a sheet and $5 per hundred pound for salvage you could probably take what you need and make a few dollars off of the rest. I think I'd find a place that fabricates BBQ grills and sell it to them..

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I believe that to be .042", substantially less than 1/16". The problem is storing it so it won't rust before using. Fantastic price for it though.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have a friend that likes to build things. If you can let me know how much you have to sell and how much you want, I'll certainly ask him for ya.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
If it was aluminum you would be my new best friend. Trying to figure out how im going to afford the sheets i need to build a boat.

C52

Eight Pointer
19 guage is pretty doggone heavy, at $2 a sheet and $5 per hundred pound for salvage you could probably take what you need and make a few dollars off of the rest. I think I'd find a place that fabricates BBQ grills and sell it to them..
More like $8 to &10 per hundred. I'll pay 10 in wilson co.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
It is in Henderson but a friend in the metal business may be taking it. If he doesn't or if we have more than we need which we most likely will I will let you guys know. I just hated to see it get scrapped. It is in sheets on pallets so storage isn't terrible but moving it might be. I just heard we may have 300 more sheets coming in so when we figure it out I will let everyone know.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I also thought about HVAC guys. I need a new air handler under the house. We will see how it all works out. I have to wait until they want to show the loss on the books.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If Boman backs out I have a friend that is redoing his place in Tyrell county he might take it all, the bears are eating the corner of his house off.

I saw the other posts...if you have any surplus let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Will do I am just now talking to the Supply Chain director to see what he wants for it and how much he has. I will keep everyone up to date. Really wish I could store it I could think of a ton of uses for it.