Bagworm Question

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone have an idea on what will kill bagworms after they have infested a tree??? everything I sell is labeled as only to be used before they are a problem and it (if there is such a thing) needs to be readily available from Hardware suppliers. ...... several of the trees on my lot where I work are dead ....maybe a lost cause and another reason for someone to never plant Leland cypress trees. too many problems with those non native trees.

tks for any help

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Talstar....beware of bees, fish, reptiles and such.

(Bifenthrin)

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
You can get talstar from a john Deere landscapes if there is one near by. Talstar for the insects and avid for the mites and you should be good to go

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Yep bagworms on cypress trees are tough, I have several that died and a few that are still going strong. I took the ones down that died, cut them up and burned them.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Let them kill all the Lelands. Better off in the long run...:)

thanks for the replies....orethene is gonna be easier for me to get.....

WC...you are correct..i hate lelands and they should never be planted in this area.1/2 of them are already too far gone...landlord will have to cut them done since he is responsible for maintenance on everything outside..............Native or nothing

Last edited:

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I had some on a persimmon tree in our yard, Malathion did a good job on getting rid of them pretty quickly..

entropy

Twelve Pointer
Sevin will kill them when they are little. I had them bad last year, so this year I sprayed as soon as I saw them.

I have had some luck with malathion when they are older.