Proud of my Son!

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My 12 y.o. son was invited today to swim year round for YOTA. (The local Y team.) He tried out last year and was put on a waiting list. He tried out again this year and got the invitation. He has been swimming at our neighborhood pool for the last 6 years in the summer league. Very happy for him!:greenjump:

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good deal congrats to your son...I swam year round for 10 years...had a blast but make sure he doesn't get burnt out on it...year round swimming means you do a lot of staring at that black line on the bottom of the pool.

Wildlifepro51

Good deal and nice to see your actively engaged with your son, and having fun at the same time.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
Swimming has become very competitive these days, it's a commitment from the parents as much as the kid's. My boy's been swimming competitively for several years now for MAC and I can tell you that YOTA always brings some good kids to meets. He'd better be ready to work, but more importantly than the exercise, the swim kids are good kids. Surrounding your kids with other good kids and professional coaches will yield benefits well beyond swimming. My boy was fortunate enough to make Team NC last yr as a 14yo and it has changed his life. Having met the kids and parents from the other state teams only has reinforced my belief that I'm glad my son chose swimming as his sport of choice. Maybe we'll see ya'll at some meets during short course season.