Dual Zone Split Mini HVAC Unit

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I have a 2 room addition on the back of my garage. It is insulated and wired. I am wanting to add a ductless HVAC system. Any recommendations?

Dthbyhoyt

Old Mossy Horns
weird , I was looking on line today at them , gonne get one for my Man Cave .. Gonna compare for a little bit before I buy though

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Mine is two months old in my barber shop. I can't remember the brand but I'll be there tomorrow to see....It's worked flawlessly so far and my power bill is not bad either.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I have a duct-less, mini split for my garage....... works flawlessly. Its a Mitsubishi

Last edited:

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I used the heat (Mitsubishi) more this winter than I have the AC this summer..... love it when its freezing outside!
I just Googled the Daikin and it is only an A/C unit. It is affordable, but I want heat in the winter too.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
I had it all but snowing in there the other day:D...Until I got the mini split my only heat was base board and a plug in type heater. Can't wait to try it out this winter.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I had it all but snowing in there the other day:D...Until I got the mini split my only heat was base board and a plug in type heater. Can't wait to try it out this winter.
You are gonna be surprised....since it doesn't have heat....LOL

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got a bonus room over an external garage I am going to finish out at some point. It has insulation, electrical and subfloor already. What are the advantages or disadvantages of using one of these vs. installing a traditional ducted unit? What is the price comparison?

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
They are supposed to be very cost effective. You can control the temps in individual rooms. Easy to install.