Big foot

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Not sure

I write this sitting about 25 miles from Crater Lake in Oregon, this is supposed to be ground zero for Sasquatches, been in the woods alot this year and several other times out here. Have yet to see or trail cam one but just last night while pulling a cam after hunting late, the hair stood up on me all over due to instinct or something that I heard/didn't hear. Spooked as I have ever been anywhere in the woods but I needed to get that cam since it was about 22 mountain logging road miles off of any paved road and I did not want to lose 2 hours going in after it today.
Lots of bear and mountain lion around here and some big ones too, but this was different than the way they spook me in the woods.
I cannot wrap my brain around their being real until we get photos, find dead ones, etc.
That said, there are Indian cave drawings of them and the Native culture out here truly believe in them.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I write this sitting about 25 miles from Crater Lake in Oregon, this is supposed to be ground zero for Sasquatches, been in the woods alot this year and several other times out here. Have yet to see or trail cam one but just last night while pulling a cam after hunting late, the hair stood up on me all over due to instinct or something that I heard/didn't hear. Spooked as I have ever been anywhere in the woods but I needed to get that cam since it was about 22 mountain logging road miles off of any paved road and I did not want to lose 2 hours going in after it today.
Lots of bear and mountain lion around here and some big ones too, but this was different than the way they spook me in the woods.
I cannot wrap my brain around their being real until we get photos, find dead ones, etc.
That said, there are Indian cave drawings of them and the Native culture out here truly believe in them.

Gotta remember them injuns smoked a lot of stuff that college kids would kill to have their hands on.....

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
And they still do---this ain't good ole NC. Jump on a plane and get off in these woods and see what you think for yourself, these are some BIG woods full of big bear, cougar and even wolves since 2012. Lots of fun but you will learn to listen to nature fast after dark. Even the deer and elk will come and hang around a campfire to get away from the toothy animals.

Last edited:

Rc187

Six Pointer
I get bashed all the time but I'm a firm believer when you think about how much wooded area and forest there is it's really not that far fetched to think that something could be out there that we haven't seen. Not a great comparison but I still talk to people that say there are no black panthers in my area forsyth county and I learned otherwise last year I was riding home with a friend of mine in kernersville from fishing one night and we had a black panther come across the road in front of us less than 100yds from property we used to hunt and had hunted for three years prior and never once did we see a track or have any pictures on the game camera def made me a lot more cautious when walking to my stand in the morning and tracking deer at night. When you think about an animal/primate that has existed in previous human history (gigantapithacus) and a primate with intelligence beyond the average mammal in as much wooded area as there is out there combined with sightings worldwide dating back thousands of years there has to be something behind it just a matter of time until we find some evidence.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I get bashed all the time but I'm a firm believer when you think about how much wooded area and forest there is it's really not that far fetched to think that something could be out there that we haven't seen. Not a great comparison but I still talk to people that say there are no black panthers in my area forsyth county and I learned otherwise last year I was riding home with a friend of mine in kernersville from fishing one night and we had a black panther come across the road in front of us less than 100yds from property we used to hunt and had hunted for three years prior and never once did we see a track or have any pictures on the game camera def made me a lot more cautious when walking to my stand in the morning and tracking deer at night. When you think about an animal/primate that has existed in previous human history (gigantapithacus) and a primate with intelligence beyond the average mammal in as much wooded area as there is out there combined with sightings worldwide dating back thousands of years there has to be something behind it just a matter of time until we find some evidence.

Punctuation is your friend.