Mr Gadget

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep. It will go north of 1000 and I can build one for less that will shoot.
wish it was.not a auction...

thanks for looking out for me.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was just cruising looking for something else, they had another one without the box that looked excellent that was listed at 98% with Leupold rings and bases that was in the low 7s.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm intrigue by that cartidge,,,,never had one (yet) but snagged some dies a while ago,,,,,waiting on the right one to show up,,

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Every body I know that has a 6.5X55 swears it is the closest thing to a perfect deer round in existence. The last thing I need right now is another rifle but they do appeal to me.

Last edited:

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Every body I know that has a 6.5X55 swears it is the closest thing to a perfect deer round in existence. The last thing I need right now is another rifle but they so appeal to me.

There is something about the 6.5's that make them a perfect deer round. My .260Rem has become my favorite. Deadly accurate and recoil like a .243 makes it a pleasure to hunt or punch paper with.

<>< Fish

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
I love the cartridge. Have 5 Mausers and one Tikka. The Tikka shoots some rather hot loads for deer - wouldn't put them through a Mauser.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
There is something about the 6.5's that make them a perfect deer round. My .260Rem has become my favorite. Deadly accurate and recoil like a .243 makes it a pleasure to hunt or punch paper with.

<>< Fish

I love my .243 but the ability to shoot a slightly heavier bullet would be nice. That said what other benefits would the 6.5 have over the .243. Sorry to hijack thread OP.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The 6.5 has a better BC then most other hunting ammo
you get a longer trimmer bullet and shape.
I will get some pictures.

I have 7 M96 Swede Mausers that some are for sale and if they don't sell a few are going to be cut to sporters and bolt bent then drilled and tapped for scope.
it is hard to get better steel and barrels than these but I have been holding of on cutting as they are collectable.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
shot my first deer at 12 years old with a 6.5,,,,the carcano not the swede,,,,,

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I love my .243 but the ability to shoot a slightly heavier bullet would be nice. That said what other benefits would the 6.5 have over the .243. Sorry to hijack thread OP.

The slightly larger diameter will mean a slighty larger wound channel. 6.5mm bullets generally have a higher ballistic coefficient and good sectional density. That translates into a flat shooting and deep penetrating round. There is nothing magic about them but they are nearly perfect for deer sized game.

<>< Fish

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The slightly larger diameter will mean a slighty larger wound channel. 6.5mm bullets generally have a higher ballistic coefficient and good sectional density. That translates into a flat shooting and deep penetrating round. There is nothing magic about them but they are nearly perfect for deer sized game.

<>< Fish
Yep what he said

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns

<>< Fish

And they are used effectively on pigs, elk, moose, etc.