Good news about corn

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
The price has recently dropped and will be dropping a lot by deer season. It will be dropping a LOT!

not sure how much it will drop....its gonna prolly b like a supply and demand deal like gas, as long as we continue to pay top dollar for either they will charge what they wish regardless of market price.thats just my opinion...

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
not sure how much it will drop....its gonna prolly b like a supply and demand deal like gas, as long as we continue to pay top dollar for either they will charge what they wish regardless of market price.thats just my opinion...

I agree, even if it drops a dollar per bag to $6 per bag, I doubt that would cause many folks to buy more......after all what's 1 dollar?

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I agree, even if it drops a dollar per bag to $6 per bag, I doubt that would cause many folks to buy more......after all what's 1 dollar?
But if they raised it a dollar how would you feel. For people on limited income if they bought 6 bags at 6 dollars each then they could buy an extra bag so its two fold. I still wish I could get 100# bags for $10.00 but no more from my supplier oh well

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
You can already buy corn for $6 per bag from feed mills. It will be going much lower at my local mill...just giving you guys a heads up as the price of cow feed, chicken feed, and hog feed is dropping next week...

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Two feed mills I went to were at 8.50 and 7.50 per 50 lb bag. No 6.00 bags near Greensboro.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
While im glad you folks are going to get a break im going to loose my butt. I have 14 acres planted. With the drought and all my expense fertilizer liquid nitrogen round up and fule I'm going to be in the hole big time. Oh well not everyone gets a trophy someone has to go home the looser. This year I guess it will be me.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A big disparity in prices here…. LB, what's the reason? I understand the supply and demand, but I was under the impression that ethanol gas had raised the bar permanently.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Most of the corn you're going to find for sale right now is going to be old corn (last years crop) that's been in storage. Not much new corn in the bins out this way, yet.

><>

ncboman

Most farmers within 150 miles of Wilson had to spray for corn rust recently.

Since the corn is so tall already, crop dusting was the only way to do it. This added about $30 an acre to the growing cost of this years crop.