Live Hogs

JoeyK

Twelve Pointer
I have heard say that there may be a way to buy a live hog from someone who traps them....if this is a possibility could someone please pm me. Thanks all!!!!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Better read up on the regulations. Fine for removing a live hog from a trap is $5,000 per hog. The regulations are very clear that trapped hogs must be dispatched before they are removed from a trap.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Actually it isn't against the law to buy a live one, you just probably are gonna get tired of standing there lookin at him unless you want the because what they told you is correct. And I understand It is worse in SC.

I Hunt

Old Mossy Horns
If you do not have wild/feral hogs then please never release them. Feral hogs are like rats in how quickly they breed and take over property. They are extremely damaging to a property and other forms of wildlife.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Actually it isn't against the law to buy a live one, you just probably are gonna get tired of standing there lookin at him unless you want the because what they told you is correct. And I understand It is worse in SC.

Actually, it is illegal to possess a live hog that has not been marked per the NCDA guidelines. Unmarked hogs in NC are considered feral regardless of who owns them or where they came from. The marking requirement is what put teeth into the law so it could be enforced.