Deer found!!!

thandy

Ten Pointer
My uncle some serious health issues and last year will probably be the last year he is physically able to hunt. We put him in a box blind on my dad’s property and enclosed the bottom so he could pull his four wheeler inside. This only left him a few steps to get in and get settled. I hunted the stand several times when he didn’t feel like going and always saw deer and a few small bucks. Well one afternoon hunt the below deer walked out and he took a shot. We found a really weak blood trail and tracked it to a creek on our property line. We have a good relationship with our neighbors so we kept walking and looking but could never find the trail. We went back a couple of time with no luck. Well last week one of our neighbors found the deer while picking blackberries and we were able to get it back to him. The deer was in great shape no chew marks anywhere on the skull or horns. This isn’t the biggest deer he has shot but as you can tell by the smile on his face he was extremely happy to have it in his hands.

larry deer.jpg

JAMIE V

Great story ! That has happened to me before and it is a true blessing when people do the right thing. Congrats!

thandy

Ten Pointer
Glad he was found! How far was it found from where you last looked?

Not sure exactly where he found it but his house is about ¾ mile from where he shot it. The deer ran the away from his property all the way to the creek and then cut back. We assumed that’s what it did but we looked both directions…I am guessing we were less than a couple hundred yards from it just based on his where he lives. That is also assuming he found it on his land that borders our and not the other side of his property.

thandy

Ten Pointer
He will do a euro mount with it. The last couple he has killed he has had my mom paint the skull but who knows with this one.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
That is a nice deer. It always bothers me if I can't recover a deer. I know how happy he must be to have finally recovered the trophy.