LED Light Bar

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Wanted to check if any of you guys have used any of the LED light bars that are on the market for off road use. I am thinking about getting one of the 20 inch bars for the boat so I can see when running up some of the small creeks that I duck hunt. Would also be useful when running up the river at low light. Too many times I have seen logs or even full trees floating down the Roanoke and I would really like to be able to see them before I am right on top of it.
If you got pictures or recommendations, pleas post.

straightline

Ten Pointer
Yes. Rigid used to be the brand to go to but there are several others now. Moonshine XXX is a close second. I bought a few off of amazon but the build quality was not the same. I've got a 20" on my Bad Boy. It will throw a flood light about 100-150 yards. Here is a pic from a few minutes ago with no other lighting. http://www.waylayedinc.com/Waylayed...CREE-LED-Off-Road-Light-Bar~10500-Lumens.html

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409191312.692988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Yes. Rigid used to be the brand to go to but there are several others now. Moonshine XXX is a close second. I bought a few off of amazon but the build quality was not the same. I've got a 20" on my Bad Boy. It will throw a flood light about 100-150 yards. Here is a pic from a few minutes ago with no other lighting. http://www.waylayedinc.com/Waylayed...CREE-LED-Off-Road-Light-Bar~10500-Lumens.html

Thanks for the review and for taking the time to post a pic. I had not seen the Moonshine brand yet but will check them out. Rigid makes some very nice light from what I understand but are very high $$$.

straightline

Ten Pointer
Look at the lumens. Several companies sell them but when I was looking they ranged from 4k-11k. For occasional use I think the Chinese ones on Amazon would suffice.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
I've got rigid flush mounts in the rear bumper of my truck. I opted for rigid because they are flush mount and throw a diffused beam for back up lighting. However, I run a 30" totron behind my grill and it's like daylight. For third the price of rigid, it was a no brainer. No weather behind grill but they have been great for two years. They use Cree bulbs combo spot and flood

ST8ER

Ten Pointer
We use the cheap ones off e-bay for our ATV's and have never had any issues. You can buy 3 or 4 of them for the price of one name brand.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
It was a long time ago when I started this thread, but I figured I would update if incase anyone else is looking for a good light.

I did a lot of looking on the internet and found a 20 inch light bar on amazon that had some really good reviews. The light was sold by a company called eyourlife and was only $75. I figured if it quit working after a year or two, I could afford 4 or 5 of them at the cost of some of the other name brand lights. The ad stated that it was waterproof and had 12600 lumens. Now I have no way to measure the output but I will agree that this thing is bright as heck. I have been using it for a while now and it has proven it self to be quite useful.

The picture below of the light on was taken with the boat on the trailer. I have the light tilted down some so it will shine straight when the bow up with the boat running. As you can tell the main beam is hitting the middle of the yard but the house shown in the photo is 75 yards away. The pictures do not do justice to the amount of light this thing puts out.
If you are looking for one, this was a good deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoc5vbzss9sm1rz/20141201_211330.jpg?dl=0

NickP

Ten Pointer
I have 2 light bars a single row 20 and a double row 50. They are everybit worth the money. I'm a firm believer in leds. I also have LED headlights. 20in double row will do just fine for what you need I recommend a spot flood combo.
00e8049e95c0180d2a41c97780de7bb0.jpg

Only pic I can find right now but there awesome.

sakoman

kc daylighters have been workin for my family bout 50 years. The rr river is in my back yard

bryanhughes102

tractor supply has a sale going on light bars from what the magazine said