Another newb question

tdanks

I recently bought my first bow PSE Stinger 3g. I have shot prob about 50 arrows with it and I have noticed my string has turned completely around twice. Is this normal during a break in period or should I be looking to upgrade strings thanks.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
It's not unheard of for a stock factory string to stretch or creep during break in like you are experiencing. It can probably have a few twists added to bring the bow back into spec.

Custom is a worthwhile upgrade from factory strings, as quality customs creep less and are pre-stretched when they are made(typically better materials also), this translates to a much more stable string right out of the gate.

If $$ isn't an issue, custom is what I'd recommend .

tdanks

Ok cool where's a good place to get some strings replaced I live in Wake Forest

tdanks

Yea I think the guy at basspro didn't really help to much on tuning the bow. So need some prof help getting set up

razuber

Probably NChuntersupply on Old Wake Forest Rd

Justin and the team there do good work. I just got my Bear bow back, and it is shooting great. I just wish my shoulder would hold out.

Good luck with the PSE Stinger, you should have a lot of fun with it this season. God luck this season.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I was at gander mountain in Greensboro a couple months ago and asked to look at something and the boy behind the gun counter said I just started and I don't really know what this stuff is. What's the hiring process? Know who your talking to if you can't make your own adjustments on your bow. Just like anything there are good and bad at the bow shops.