Live from the dove field opening day

buzzcut29

I was waiting for this thread to start! My other hunting buddies and I here on the ship were just talking about how tomorrow starts the opening day of hunting season... Good Luck everyone!! Post up lots of pictures!

DeerManager

I get off work in 17 minutes. Ill be headed out to shoot a few, hopefully! Good luck and be safe.

DeerManager

Quick question: What choke tube to shoot, improved cylinder or modified?

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Improved, unless pass shooting...

I'd rather let them try to fly through the pattern than it be off of them... :)

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
2 in hand so far. A little slow now. Cooking a boston butt on the smoker for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe 10 shots fired at less birds. The last few years sandy mush has been a good spot, but the birds just aren't here

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
3 in hand, and one swimming in pond like a duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Eatin a biscuit now. Slowest morning I've ever seen. Saw 5 birds total and never fired a round. Thinking for once game lands would have been a better move

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Cut down corn stalks and pulled up tomato vines for an hour this morning and never heard a shot. Cooking peanut butter sammiches for lunch.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got four right now. Man what a slow day!

We've killed just about every one that has flown over and I think our group has 10 total.

nc rabbit hunter

Treetall,was that you doing all that shooting this morning??All yalls doves have settled down here at the plant behind the river where its safe!!lol

dacat434

a4y3ytus.jpg

To bad we can't start hunting until 12 here in VA.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The 2 fields around the depot at Suggs were hot from sun up til 9 or so.. I slipped away to check out the other field:waste of time..

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
Ended up with 7 in hand this morning... Tons of people out today just wasn't in the right honey hole this mornin

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
This heat had em shut down hard.
We've had 60-100 birds in our millet field every morning until (of course) opening day.
Really slow this morn.
We took maybe 45 between 10 guys?
Hoping this evening will be better.