Looking for 295 aerotips or 270 platinums Powerbelts

drhunter1

Four Pointer
I'm looking for some 50 caliber 295 aerotip or 270 platinum powerbelts if someone has some for sale or will trade 36 Hornady JHP/XTP 44/240 grain for some.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just my opinion, but you'll be better off shooting the XTP'S. In my experience, Powerbelts leave lousy bloodtrails

Huffy

Eight Pointer
walmart had a ton but i dont shoot em any more i went to the barnes bullete and love it

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You guys shooting the 50 cal should really give the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold 260 grain bullets a try. They are the best shooting and performing bullets I've ever shot out of the 50 cal. I'd still be shooting them sabotless out of my 45 but they are too soft for the velocities I'm pushing them at.

buffleheadnc2

Just my opinion, but you'll be better off shooting the XTP'S. In my experience, Powerbelts leave lousy bloodtrails
I agree with this 100%... I shot several deer with them and was wondering if the first couple might be a fluke but they consistently produced terrible blood trails.

drhunter1

Four Pointer
I've used them for years because I prefer conicals have and killed quite a few deer with the 245 hollow point. I prefer the high shoulder shot and think the Platinum or 295's would be better. The main thing I've heard is don't overpower them or they will break up. Use a reasonable amount of powder and they'll mushroom like they're supposed to. I'm not against trying something else, I have some FPB's I may try, but I won't use sabots.