I believe that God wants me to be happy

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
The first thing we must understand is that God is not mad at us. God is not angry at us nor is He disappointed in us. Sometimes we do things that are not pleasing to God but they are not pleasing because God cannot look upon sin not because He has singled us out to be displeased over.

This forum is made up of people that are no different than anywhere else in that some have had the idea drilled into them that God is mad at them and that He is out to get you. A child that is disobedient sometimes has to be disciplined and sometimes disallowed from having what they want. We as children of God receive the same discipline in that when we are in disobedience to God's word He cannot bless us. If He did then He would be breaking His own word and God cannot do that. This doesn't mean that He doesn't love us or that He is angry with us, quite the contrary is found in Hebrews 8:12 where it says that God will not only forgive our sins but that He will remember them no more. If I ask forgiveness from someone and they tell me that not only will they forgive me but that they won't even remember what I did then I'm sure not going to think that they are mad at me. Neither is God folks, so if you have been carrying the burden of thinking that God is mad at you or that God is out to get you for things you've done then please realize that you are being tortured by the enemy not God. Get rid of that foolishness and accept the love God has for you.

Once we understand that God is for us then we can begin to understand just how much He loves us and that He wants us to be happy while on this earth. As I have stated, we live in a very secular world and the world seems to be growing more secular every day therefore we as believers are going to be tested not by God but by the world. Life here on this earth will have its circumstances and situations that cause us anger, disappointment, sadness, hardships, and times of trouble. We have to understand that it comes with living out our lives here on earth and that it is not God being hard on us.

I have stated before that I have had my times of all of the above but God has been there for me to lean on and His word in Phil. 4:6-7 has given me peace about the things that I could never understand. Through all of the hard times and tragedies that I have endured God has shown me how to live with the joy of Him in my heart. The world around me might be in turmoil but the world and the people in it cannot deter the joy of having Christ in me, joy in my heart because of it, and the delight of having the Holy Spirit walk with me.

There are many scriptures about happiness from God; Ps. 84:5 says "happy are those whose strength comes from You", Ps. 106:3 say "happy are those who obey His commands", Prov. 16:20 says "Pay attention to what you are taught and you will be successful, trust in the Lord and you will be happy". Matt. 5:12 says be happy and glad, Rom. 4:7 says happy are those whose wrongs are forgiven, Phil. 4:4 says rejoice in the Lord.

We also must remember that happiness is not a condition it is a state of mind. Our state of mind will be happy if God is first and foremost in our mind. With all that God has created for us, with all that He has done for us in sending a savior to suffer out our sins for us, prepared a place for us to spend eternity with Him, why would He not want us to be happy here on earth? If we abide in Him, trust in Him, and try our best to obey His word then we will be happy because that is how God set it up.

Jer. 29:11 says that God knows the plans He has for us and that they are good plans filled with hope and promise. That sure sounds to me like God has plans for us to be happy.

Blessings,

ZG

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Very true....i would also add 1Tim 1:11, which speaks of the "good news of the happy god." God is here described as a happy individual, so it would make sense that he desires us to be happy...as our goal us to strive to be like him