What to plant now?

BJordan

Eight Pointer
Is it to late to plant anything for deer? I just now have a property that there is enough open space for a small food plot. It looks like the previous lease holder had a plot in this area. It is in the middle of planted pines that are about 20' tall, the open area is about 40' x 40' and has a box blind I'm reworking looking over it. I've never planted a plot before but have access to a disc harrow and could get it done this week. Would like to do something to keep from putting so much corn out, or something to supplement the corn. Any help is appreciated.

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Naw. It is just getting time usually but the weather seems to have broke early this year. Perfect time for oats and clover.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is one week old oats,clover,radishes,turnipsand greens.
0fd6f45db785ed6469f04b58b0e7126e.jpg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im going to plant Wed morning so I hope it isnt to late.

I almost passed out when I seen the price of Fertilizer!

wardbr549

I'm right there with ya Weds. moring I got 4 plots going in. 2 done 2 weeks ago. I got the lime and fertilizer in 3 weeks ago,Hope we get alittle rain this week before the turkey find the seed..

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have started doing a mixture of winter oats, winter wheat and winter rye. It seems to work fine, and it's the cheapest way to go. I still hadn't gotten any in....but I hope to spray this weekend and then I should have time to get it growing pretty good by muzzleloading season.