Your go to waterfowl gun

CBD21

Eight Pointer
What's everybody shooting? Likes? Dislikes? It's time for me to buy a new shotgun having a hard time making my mind up

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Mossberg 500 aluminum receiver doesn't rust or jam. Pump plow. And I don't mind dropping it or getting mud on it. Or throwing in in the boat.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Benelli super nova this season, wanted to try a pump, thinking bout a new auto before seasons over

Last edited:

bgbuckdwn

100% my super black eagle 2! It's been thrown around, beaten, dropped in mud and water, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. And to top it off it has to be the easiest firearm on the planet to clean

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Looking for a nova right now. Shot a beretta extrema the last few years and it was pretty sweet shooting

Cainsable

Super black eagle here also,best I have ever owned

Last edited:

Gyrene

Started with a Mossberg 500, then went to a 9200, then to an 835, and now thinking about getting a 935. Picking up a Remington 887 Nitromag for a spare this week, and for the kids to start shooting.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I shoot a Winchester SuperX2 and it has been a great gun. I also shoot an 870 and it's been a great gun as well.

Pretty much any of the big brands are going to be good. What matters is how you shoot it so try several and get what you like.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
100% my super black eagle 2! It's been thrown around, beaten, dropped in mud and water, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. And to top it off it has to be the easiest firearm on the planet to clean

I second this. I treat my SBE 2 like crap and it performs like a work horse. I want a gun that I don't have to baby, will shoot any kind of shell, and will be reliable every time I pull the trigger. The only other shotgun I will carry for waterfowl is my Super Nova and I use that for geese.

wshields

Winchester SX3 in the duck blind, turkey woods, and even in the dove fields with the lightest cheapest loads available. Goes boom every time!

Last edited:

JWH15

Six Pointer
LH sbe II, bought it in march and killed a turkey and some doves with it, now looking forward to breaking it in this duck season, used a nova before, really like the sbe II and really like having my first LH gun, makes the safety easier to use

skydog

Love my SBE2...put it through hell and back and it still goes boom every time I pull the trigger.

I do love the way the new A5s feel though...will probably be my next gun purchase

Gyrene

Forgot to mention my Winchester 1300...I hand it off to guests to use. Not an expensive or high end gun but goes bang when they pull the trigger and kills ducks.

Bigtime

I'll have to say my Versa Max that I bought 2 years ago. It shoots anything that I put into it and never had a hiccup! I understand that there were problems with a batch of them but I guess I got lucky.

Stick&String

Old Mossy Horns
I used to hate my Betetta Extrema and thought of selling it. I couldn't hit anything with it. Then I noticed the stock was offset. I centered it and now I love the gun. It always shot straight but now it points straight too :)

klw28752

Button Buck
Browning Citori Lighting. 2.75,3.00,3.50 in shells. No possible way to jam. I hunt 40-45 days a year in Arkansas & shoot several hundred rounds a year. I own many other semi-autos but the question was what is the go to ? There is no other choice for me. After many years dealing with cleaning autos every day or so because of burnt powder,mud,grime and anything else water fowlers encounter the over/under gets cleaned @ the end of season. Nuff said!!!

saltnbattery

Beretta a400 xtreme for duck, Stevens goldwing o/u for dove, mossberg 535 with a mean rattle can paint job for turkey.