Doe down

chrisj0616

8d5dabe4c04cca91ccfda288933f0bb7.jpg

chrisj0616

Just got home yall I gotta get it cleaned it blew up a storm while gutting I'll be back soon to tell the story

chrisj0616

I was sitting on the edge of my small food plot of peas (or what's left of it after the hog's tore it up) when a group of 3 does with 2 fawns in tow came out bout 30 min before dark. I noticed she was walking with a limp and that the fawns pretty much stayed away from her. As the other deer started to feed away from the tree I was in I stood up and ranged her at 33 yards. As I started to draw my bow one of the fawns spooked and she looked toward it and as soon as I shot she started to turn I ended up getting liver and just bout cut her lung in half. I waited the 30 min climbed down and walked to my truck to get my 4 wheeler and went to pick the landowner up so he and his dogs could help me find her. (I can't see blood bc I'm red green color blind) but there was no need to track bc she was 10 ft from the trail we where going in on :) she ran a total of 65 yards at the most.

And now for the interesting part... I took the landowner back to his house and thanked him of course and went back to get her. As I was gutting her it started to storm. .bad it happened just like in the movies too I swear it was a flash of lighting and before I even heard the thunder it started to pour rain. I got her loaded up and rode 2 miles through the rain loaded everything up and realize my bow was still in the tree. So I made the trip back strapped back into my safety harness and climbed up to get my bow only to forget to slid the knot down on my lifeline and dropping my bow 20 ft to the ground. So after alotta cussing and driving in the rain I finally got home and just finished getting her cleaned and on ice.

chrisj0616

The bow is fine I just shot it. I can see color it's just hard to distinguish different shades of colors blood dissappear on brown leaves I can see it when it splatters on tree trunks

Yes that is the exit I didn't think to take a picture of the entrance