NC Striper Fishing Guides

Hello Everyone,

My father and I would like to do some striper fishing. We were looking to do a guided fishing trip. Who would you guys recommend and what lake would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
Ty catches some monster striper in TN. Don't know how much he's fishing Norman this time of year. Captain Craig Price or Gus Gustafson are on Norman almost all the time.

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
I've never been able to catch any striper but if you're good at catching them I definitely recommend falls dam right down below the badin dam it's in between Badin and Tillery dam most people don't even know about it. Near the dam though they are some monster striper they will hit the water all day long

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Ty catches some monster striper in TN. Don't know how much he's fishing Norman this time of year. Captain Craig Price or Gus Gustafson are on Norman almost all the time.
You lost all credibility if you recommended Gus. He's the biggest joke I've ever seen.

CountryboyNC

After what Gus said to my fishing buddy, I dont think much of him,I used to speak to him when I saw him on the water, but now I look the other way. I use littles Creek landing, I see him around there a lot.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
He's a blow hard that talks more than he fishes. Thinks he knows everything but when you check the cooler..... Baffles clients with BS, spots and perch.

tomahawk

Six Pointer
Thats the Lake Norman thing. They like catching numbers not size. Thier not after trophy size fish. You can tell that just by the way they fish.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
You lost all credibility if you recommended Gus. He's the biggest joke I've ever seen.

He's quite a "character", but many folks who "charter" enjoy his stories and just want a bent rod. He's quite entertaining for those who are not as a die hard fishing expert as yourself. I have never fished with him, but know many that have. None have had anything negative to say about him, most all had an excellent time. Have you fished with him?

My credibility, ha! I don't there's a person on this website that could touch my fishing diversity and experience.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Nah tuna your credibility isn't lost. I was joking there. I have however came in to dock beside him many many times and seen what.....or should I say have not caught. I can't think of one time ever seeing a limit of stripers in his cooler

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I would keep my eyes peeled on oregon inlet fishing reports and head there when they show up..should be late Dec. through feb. You may have to go up the coast to find them right now. If you want fresh water..head to Tenn.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would keep my eyes peeled on oregon inlet fishing reports and head there when they show up..should be late Dec. through feb. You may have to go up the coast to find them right now. If you want fresh water..head to Tenn.

Ding Ding Ding , we have a winner!!!