Best second weapon for hunting

PWR-WGN

All that is great as long at you are healthy, when you are still 10' tall and bulletproof things look a little different. Age tends to give you a little different perspective though.

Obviously thats just my opinion, and each person should consider their own situation before making that decision. However I do hunt with a gentleman in his mid 60's that has his bow in hand every chance he gets. You dont have to have the latest bow pulling 70# shooting 350fps to enjoy bow hunting.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No, or if but if someone has had rotator cuff surgery, arthritis, neck or upper back surgeries, or RA they are real likely not to be able to shoot one at all at any age.

Up to a couple years I used to hunt with a guy in his '70s that would walk my tail into the ground squirrel hunting any day we went. He would be the first to the tree when the dogs barked. But macular degeneration put him out of business all of a sudden. You never know when you situation will change.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
:hijack: again, LOL

So the concensus is that the link I posted is too good to be true. I think for now I'll just browse the classified/ebay/craigslist and if I don't se any good deal for me, shop after the season. Also gonna make a couple trips to the pro shop to get a feel for what I want...

Also, have a question regarding the "ready to hunt/shoot" packages. Everyone says the accessories suck, but obviously somebody is using them, or the company would stop making them... Anywhere I can buy the plain bow then add top-tier accessories as I am able?

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For me... my second weapon for hunting was another rifle and another and another.
I think I had 10 or 12 hunting rifles and 3 or 4 shotguns before I had a bow.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Yeah well in the interest of the sport and the challenge, I thought a bow might be a good idea

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I'll add another vote for the compound. Most fun and exciting hunts I have ever had was deer hunting with a bow and arrow.