whew... that is a dang big deer!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Those a great deer and stories! Lots of work involved it seems and the biggest trick into getting onto big deer (imho)

“It was bound to happen. We have been watching this buck mature for several years now,” Ward said.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
That first one is not what I expect when I hear a score like that. Usually I think mass but he has incredible length. One thing I have noticed on deer in NC in general is their incredible tine length even at young ages. If NC where more remote it would be a top WT state I think with the feed, climate, and genetics. I shot what I estimated to be a 3 .5 year old deer based on his small body with 13+ in. bladed G-2's at 150 yards. I thought he was much older when he was trotting along sideways. It wasn;t until I got a front on look that I realized he was younger. I don't regret it to much it is a beautiful animal. I have even seen it on the 2 year old basket 8's that seem to be all over the property. They have incredible tine length.

JohnDeereMan

Six Pointer
The 1st one lives just down the rd from me actually my in-laws neighbor. He had a lot if history with that deer, he showed me pics of him when he was3 yrs old it's amazing what he put on at 4 and now you see him at 5. We'll deserved to let him grow.

mangonbat

I second the notion that those are both real special when you consider they are North Carolina deer. Kudos and congrats to both hunters. If one of those came out of the thicket, I would think I was having a hallucination.