good luck

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
Thanks bud, will be heading out into a hole we jumped 20 woodie and a few mallards. Time to head to sleep if I can

crzymke85

Six Pointer
Good luck tomorrow fellas. I closed on a new house today so I'm not getting a pass from the boss lady until Friday morning.

farmmandave

Eight Pointer
Good luck guys. Stay safe. I can't hunt until Saturday. My job is getting in the the way of my hunting

Last edited:

TeamLockedUP

Good luck tomorrow going out in the blind no scouting at all see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Good luck to those out there today!

It was super foggy on the way in to work so I hope y'all can see the birds.

stapp709

Button Buck
This is the first year in many I have missed the wood duck season. All thanks to busting up my canoe on the Cape Fear.

TeamLockedUP

Good luck to those out there today!

It was super foggy on the way in to work so I hope y'all can see the birds.

Lol what birds??? I ain't seen a bird lol prob cause I'm trying to stay away from the crowd at 4:15 there was 27 boats on tuckertown

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Wow that's not a good sign. I just got a text from the guys I hunt with that did get to go this morning and they shot the only woody that came in to the swamp.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I lost the will to battle the heat, skeeters and 50 boats on the small local lakes during the early season. Second year in a row I have not gone and don't even wish I had

TeamLockedUP

I lost the will to battle the heat, skeeters and 50 boats on the small local lakes during the early season. Second year in a row I have not gone and don't even wish I had

Yeah I'm getting that way the ignorant fisherman are what burn me up more than other hunters

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
Got turned around in the fog this morning ended up 150 yards from where we wanted to be. Set up in a small hole and proceeded to watch 150 woodies get up and fly out the roost over 10 minute period... Will be back on my x Saturday with irishpride

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
I got skunked. Had a chance at a hen mallard but was zoning out at the time and didn't react quick enough.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Took my son and my soon to be step son out this morning. Been seeing loads of geese in spot we hunted, they never showed up. They did manage to scratch out a pair of woodies, and a pair of mallards.

TeamLockedUP

We ended with 2 woodies

TeamLockedUP

Let's see some pics people!!!

2fe7e8b641c33aaf64fe30291789bc1a.jpg

Don't normally shoot hens but when it's slow I like eatting

TeamLockedUP

Way more hunters than birds for sure this year

Jmac

We found three spots with mallards Saturday and hunted the spot that had the most showing during scouting. Well, all three were holding no ducks this morning. We did get burnt twice by two single hen mallards, but as another said, they caught us zoning as we sat there wondering where in the hell we went wrong. The lake we were on had SO much boat pressure tween fisherman and whatnot over the weekend that I believe they pushed all the ducks we saw deep in the woods and creeks, and had 'em scattered. I've been doing this a long time so a bad day is just another day and we carry on from here. Licking our wounds but we carry on.

TeamLockedUP

We found three spots with mallards Saturday and hunted the spot that had the most showing during scouting. Well, all three were holding no ducks this morning. We did get burnt twice by two single hen mallards, but as another said, they caught us zoning as we sat there wondering where in the hell we went wrong. The lake we were on had SO much boat pressure tween fisherman and whatnot over the weekend that I believe they pushed all the ducks we saw deep in the woods and creeks, and had 'em scattered. I've been doing this a long time so a bad day is just another day and we carry on from here. Licking our wounds but we carry on.

I'm sitting in the blind now hoping some birds show for a few chances in the afternoon will see how it goes

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Worst October opener we've ever had. The fog killed the morning hunt. If not for the fog we would've had probably 6 mallards but still nothing out of this world. Wound up with 1 goose. Will not be going again this week. Hunting pressure gets worse every year. Way too many people hunting today and way too few ducks to go around. Back to the deer woods for me.

Jmac

Worst October opener we've ever had. The fog killed the morning hunt. If not for the fog we would've had probably 6 mallards but still nothing out of this world. Wound up with 1 goose. Will not be going again this week. Hunting pressure gets worse every year. Way too many people hunting today and way too few ducks to go around. Back to the deer woods for me.
Yes the fog was bad but can't blame our lackings on it. We were the only group out where we were so can't use that excuse either. I do believe that the ever increasing hunting pressure over the entire region has altered hunting permanently. It's nothing like it used to be and like I've said, I've been doing this a long time.

TeamLockedUP

Hope lucks in your favor while you're out there.

Big ol goose egg 000 wow I can't get over the decline in birds worst numbers I have seen in 10 years on opening day

Last edited: