Nodak bound

TeamLockedUP

Must be nice I can already tell my season is gonna be a bust just checked the swamp and its holding no water wildlife went in and trapped the Beavers and now no water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gadwall

Ten Pointer
I won't make it out there this year, but my dog is leaving for NoDak on Wednesday. What's wrong with this picture? My dog goes on a hunting trip while I stay home and work.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
There are geese coming through. Wood ducks are thick here too. Also seeing more and more ducks.

straightline

Ten Pointer
We'll be right behind you leaving Wednesday. You get your suit yet?

53735d6725fa720b847ef95134ace977.jpg

whitefeather

Six Pointer
yeah just seen one of the health care workers in dallas may have ebola, had suit on and everything they need to stop this NOW!!!!!!!

saltnbattery

I'll be heading that way Thursday. Unfortunately we are driving so 27 hours of highway between me and the ducks. Were setting up base camp near Jamestown. What area were/are you in? Hope you're working on em if you're still there.

labman63

Ten Pointer
Back, Had a so/so week. Found birds but harder to get permission than ever before on posted land. Had one really good epic hunt and the rest was nothing to write about. One day I did shoot 5 greenheads and 1 drake pintail. Perfect ND limit. Killed 3 or 4 widgeon but mostly mallards.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
glad you got into some,,,,,

on the permission thing,,,,,what do you think the reason is?

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Are the landowners up there pretty willing to give you access to hunt? I have never hunted that area and am just curious how that works up there.
If you went around NC knocking on doors asking to duck hunt you might go the whole season and never find a place to hunt.

Gadwall

Ten Pointer
Cool thing about North Dakota is, by law, you are allowed to hunt on anyone's land if it's not posted. And some landowners post mainly to keep deer hunters off (so they may let you duck hunt if you ask). As mentioned earlier, there is definitely more posted land now than a few years ago, but it's nothing like NC.

skydog

Give it another 5-10 years of duck hunting being the 'cool' thing and most of the land up there will be posted, leased, or locked up. Just like in Arkansas, the farmers will realize they can profit from it and a lot of them will stop being so laid back about it.