Great hunt this morning

buffleheadnc2

Had an amazing hunt this morning on the river! I have been wanting to take a deer on a boat ride for a while and finally did it this morning. I settled in early and after 40 mins of daylight without seeing anything I hit hit the grunt call. With in minutes I hear gruunting, a small buck gruunting every step hot on the trail of something. Then I see a few does out front and they all slip into the swamp. After about another 40 mins with no action I grunt afew more times and with in a minute a heard a large limb break followed closely by a snort wheeze! That's only the second time I have heard that, first time was in Kansas. A few minutes go by and then a parade of small racked bucks start filtering in and out of the timber around me. Then I see a big body didn't look at the horns much just made the shot before he disappeared. I heard him run and pile up about 50 yds from me. This is by far the biggest body deer I have killed in these parts.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413485746798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413485746798.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1

buffleheadnc2

More pictures
e5d58326ec934b44b17a13f3dff18fc6.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413485927927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413485927927.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Very nice! Always wanted to try that way. Tried out of a small kayak a couple yrs ago but logistically couldn't make it happen

bb1970

Six Pointer
looks like you got it figured out 3 deers in a little over a week wish you were on team #2... Congrats man nice deer..... when you coming up to wilkes co. ?

buffleheadnc2

Thanks everyone! I hope to be up wilkes county way in nov sometime. The buck from today was a bertie deer