Keyboard cowboy rant

chrisj0616

Proper grammar is fo Yankees.
^yup^ had a Yankee come to work in my plant one time he made the comment that everybody around here talks like uneducated hillbillies. One of my buddies lost his job for beating his ars. Poor Yankee went home missing 4 teeth lol

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Grammar is important.

PS_0329W_GRAMMAR_NUTS_zpsc3228714.jpg

<>< Fish

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
^yup^ had a Yankee come to work in my plant one time he made the comment that everybody around here talks like uneducated hillbillies. One of my buddies lost his job for beating his ars. Poor Yankee went home missing 4 teeth lol
We got two yanks here.......your buddy looking to make some money....:)

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
I'm having trouble making since of all this. I'm also thinking of saling my old bow.

Did you get a new bow for your boat? How do you switch those things out?

Seriously though, could there be a small list of words that are soooooo commonly misused?

#1 - Track of land......nope.....it is a tract of land.....
#2 - medium.....it is NOT the space in the middle of the road....that is a median....

Like others, the topik and story is the important park. But some words just get misused way too many times.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm a stickler for typos and misused words...unless I'm goofing off. Then I'll cut the fool with words. The perils of being a Redneck English major....

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Longrifle so am I but I try to ignore what others use as long as I can understand what they are saying. I'm also like you if I'm goofing off I'll bust a gut destroying the language.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Sometimes they are unintentional and funny.
"I shithole a doe with a Powerbelt in front of two Pyrodex pellets." has to be my favorite I've seen lately.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I have seen many programs on TV where the narrator referred to a venomous Snake as poisonous.

Hmm, see that, i bet I have done that before and now I will stop.

Then again correctly spelling venomous is difik....chaleng...........hard.

Last edited:

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I like it win ewe get blasted by a no it all and he uses words rong and miss pells wurds two.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I can overlook spelling and grammar unless it is extreme. Heck I have been known to make a mistake that was actually a typing mistake not a spelling/grammar mistake. I've seen some crazy run on sentences that made no sense whatsoever and was a clear indication that the person posting it had no clue of such things. Spellchecker works on the forum for me so there is no excuse for me to post erroneous spelling. As far as grammar is concerned, I have compiled posts and replies in a word document before and then copied and pasted it to make sure it reads correctly. I also have begun proofreading my posts before I hit reply to make sure there are no mistakes. I for one think that spelling and grammar are pretty important.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I think the problem is folks sometimes just rush through what it is they are saying and press send. It makes it much easier to read and decipher when people do use correct grammer/spelling. I'm not perfect by any means on here but I prefer to read something that is well written. Many times when I try to read something posted that is essentially mumble jumble run on crap I just skip it and go read something else so the OP is only hurting themselves. With that being said, Hitlers speech writer was a grammar Nazi....

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I think the problem is folks sometimes just rush through what it is they are saying and press send. It makes it much easier to read and decipher when people do use correct grammer/spelling. I'm not perfect by any means on here but I prefer to read something that is well written. Many times when I try to read something posted that is essentially mumble jumble run on crap I just skip it and go read something else so the OP is only hurting themselves. With that being said, Hitlers speech writer was a grammar Nazi....

Yep. My wife sends some hilarious text messages.

VikingsFan8178

my pet peeve includes the type of person that feels the need to point out that there is a "search" field anytime someone asks a question. Yes, we see similar threads all the time, but does anyone really search topics before they post something? If we didn't repeat ourselves we'd have nothing to post about anymore lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Ok myne mite be cilly butt watt gits my gote is win someone cawls a group of femail dear doe!!

One is a doe. Two or more is does!! Also calling a buck a 4 point or 6 point or 8 point!! It's pointer!! Hence multiple points!

Oh k Carrie on&#128541;&#128540;

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm no English professor

Last edited:

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This reminds me of black people saying another isn't "black enough", because he knows how to speak; isn't a thug and doesn't have a criminal record.

If you know how to spell; articulate and are versed in proper grammar usage...........you're not "red"; "homeboy" or bubba enough? "Uncle Bubba"??

Just trying to understand the rules. :)

Last edited: