Wildlife Alert - Nantahala Pisgah Forest Service Meetings

mtnbuck

Six Pointer
ATTENTION SPORTSMEN
National Forest Plan Revision Meetings Coming Up
URGENT!
We would like to encourage all sportsmen to get involved with the revision of the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests Land and Resource Management Plan. It is crucial for sportsmen to let their voices be heard during this process. The revised plan will guide management for the Pisgah and Nantahala National Forests for the next 15 years. Habitat is the basis for our wildlife populations so it is very important that sportsmen are at the table. We have a great opportunity to influence the plan and we hope you will take this opportunity to do so.

This opportunity only occurs once every 15 to 20 years! Please attend the meetings the USFS will be having over the next three weeks:

THESE MEETINGS ARE PERHAPS THE MOST CRUCIAL MEETINGS so far, as the Forest Service is beginning to define their management areas. This sets in motion what they can and cannot do on USFS lands in particular locations for the next 15-20 years. We want to keep options open for wildlife management.

Each of the scheduled meetings will be from 4:30-7:30 p.m., will follow the same agenda and present the same information and opportunity for review and comment. YOU DON’T HAVE TO ARRIVE AT 4:30 – YOU CAN DROP IN ANY TIME TO MAKE COMMENTS ON MANAGEMENT AREAS.
Meeting dates and locations:
  • Pisgah Ranger District: Oct. 21 at the Forge Valley Event Center in Mills River;
  • Nantahala Ranger District: Oct. 28 at the Tartan Hall in Franklin;
  • Tusquitee Ranger District: Oct. 30 at the Tri-County Comm. College, Enloe Building in Murphy;
  • Appalachian Ranger District: Nov. 3 at Mars Hill College, Broyhill Chapel in Mars Hill;
  • Cheoah Ranger District: Nov. 6 at the Graham County Community Center in Robbinsville;
  • Grandfather Ranger District: Nov. 13 at McDowell Tech. Comm. College, Room 113 in Marion

FISH & WILDLIFE CONSERVATION COUNCIL

WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA'S WILDLIFE COLLABORATIVE
2700 Flat Creek Valley Road, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747
https://www.facebook.com/wncwildlife.org

Last edited:

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
dang. I wish they would have more meetings up this way. It's hard for me to make most of the meetings the wrc has.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
I'll be there about 5 mins after I get off work, trying to get all my hunting buddies to come.

Last edited:

Forestsforwildlife

Thanks to all the sportsmen who attended the meeting yesterday at Mills River. So far it looks like we have a maximum of 690,000 acres that might be available for management to benefit wildlife. Sportsmen have really shown up to all the meetings for the past year and the results are going to be positive for us over the next 10 years with more cutting of timber. The next meeting is next Tuesday in Franklin. When you attend the meeting, make sure you put lots of sticky notes on the maps to point out areas you want managed for deer, grouse, turkey, etc.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Thanks to all the sportsmen who attended the meeting yesterday at Mills River. So far it looks like we have a maximum of 690,000 acres that might be available for management to benefit wildlife. Sportsmen have really shown up to all the meetings for the past year and the results are going to be positive for us over the next 10 years with more cutting of timber. The next meeting is next Tuesday in Franklin. When you attend the meeting, make sure you put lots of sticky notes on the maps to point out areas you want managed for deer, grouse, turkey, etc.

Yes! We gotta keep the heat on them.

Here is another reason we need timber management to create habitat! Hundreds of ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414279221.919493.jpgAcres of this picture do nothing for wildlife