RE: Montgomery County Uwharrie GL - Lovejoy area

There is a small section of Uwharrie in the
Lovejoy community, does anyone know where
you enter this section?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That explains why I didn't find it.
Never figured out why the state does that.

Not sure what you mean by "state does that"....

If the property is in NFs ownership then the State has no authority other than enforcing wildlife regulations.

The Uwharrie NFs is highly fractured and the USFS purchases property whenever money & a willing seller happens. The ultimate goal is to consolidate as much as possible of the Uwharrie into an unbroken tract but that probably will never happen due to private owners being unwilling to sell/trade.

Heck, if I had some treasured family property passed down from ancestors, I wouldn't sell it either.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
Guess I said the wrong govt, but govt is govt.

I knew that Uwharrie was bought and made the NF
by Pres. Kennedy.

I understand ownership of property,
just don't get having a section of land
for "public" use, but no way to get to it.

Seems a right of way should apply.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

If the property is in NFs ownership then the State has no authority other than enforcing wildlife regulations.

The Uwharrie NFs is highly fractured and the USFS purchases property whenever money & a willing seller happens. The ultimate goal is to consolidate as much as possible of the Uwharrie into an unbroken tract but that probably will never happen due to private owners being unwilling to sell/trade.

Heck, if I had some treasured family property passed down from ancestors, I wouldn't sell it either.

out of curiosity
how does the state or NFS manage the piece of land? do they need to ask permission from land owners to access the property or do they have authority to go in anyways?

stilker

Old Mossy Horns

He just made a simple statement about where his hard earned tax money goes...jeez...