Iphone Gurus

rhromm

I have a new Iphone 6. It does not ring when a text comes through unless I have it unlocked. It is set to ring in the sounds settings. Any idea on what could be wrong?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I would try open the settings app > Messages. Make sure "View in Lock Screen" is on and that alert style is set to an option other than none.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I had something similar to happen to mine. This is what I did to fix mine.

If your iPhone suddenly freezes or is just not working right, you can do a hard reset by following these simple instructions:

Press and hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.
Hold both buttons until the iPhone shuts off and begins to restart.

Uprooted_Texan

Button Buck
Check to make sure your do not disturb feature is turned off. It's on if you'll have a little moon symbol at the top of your screen.

ant00r1

Six Pointer
and just for fun...iOS 8.1 is out. downloading it on 3 devices at the moment. hopefully it will kill some of the iOS 8 bugs

rhromm

Check to make sure your do not disturb feature is turned off. It's on if you'll have a little moon symbol at the top of your screen.

Thanks. I wondered what that moon was on the screen. I am not sure how it got activated.