Archery for turkeys

papohead

Has there ever been a archery season in the fall along with archery for deer in NC. I come from MO and now live in NC and did not know until my son told me that one can not shoot a turkey with an arrow during archery season. Has it been voted down or never brought up. In MO there are tons of turkeys and they even have a fall gun season but the turkeys are still in abundance. "The only thing that hurts them are wet springs, and the main cause is varmits, not hunters. It is hard going archery hunting and letting turkeys pass. That-s the law but hard. There are alot of birds in NC.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It wasn't during archery season, but we used to have a winter turkey season in NC (some counties). It changed (I'm guessing) 6-7 yrs ago. May have been a little further back than that.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Has there ever been a archery season in the fall along with archery for deer in NC. I come from MO and now live in NC and did not know until my son told me that one can not shoot a turkey with an arrow during archery season. Has it been voted down or never brought up. In MO there are tons of turkeys and they even have a fall gun season but the turkeys are still in abundance. "The only thing that hurts them are wet springs, and the main cause is varmits, not hunters. It is hard going archery hunting and letting turkeys pass. That-s the law but hard. There are alot of birds in NC.

you may disappointed immensely comparing MO turkeys with our situation here.
they probably kill more opening week than we do all year.

papohead

Thanks, I kind of figured that out, but found a public place and was covered up in jakes last week and finallly had to get up and leave. They were not to scared though
took some pics and video of them. Had a camera out an had several bears in it and a toad of a male in it and all were in daylight, then later in the night another big male and a huge bobcat, then some deer. Can not wait till Dec. 10. Hope bear still show up. Mom and two cubs were there as well in the day and night. Makes me nervous coming in in the morning when it is dark. Hunting from ground blind I carry in. Will like to shoot a fat doe over all, and just maybe a buck will try his luck.