Ohio Live!!

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
Thought I would post this up here. I noticed that a lot of guys on here travel to Ohio and the Mid west for out of state hunts. Figured we could use this for a sort of a live report for wherever you are. Seeing as some guys are already there and hunting thought it would be good to go ahead and get it started. I wont be leaving until the 30th and will be there until the 7th. Talked to the guys we hunt with in Northern Ohio and they say that the scrapes are starting to get blown open and younger bucks are starting to push the does around quite a bit. Good luck!!! Let us know what your seeing in the state your hunting!!

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
What part of northern Ohio do you hunt? I lived in Medina co. for a year and saw some really nice bucks but nothing like the southern parts of Ohio had.

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
What part of northern Ohio do you hunt? I lived in Medina co. for a year and saw some really nice bucks but nothing like the southern parts of Ohio had.

Pretty close.. I hunt Lorain County right around Amherst. Pretty sure that borders Medina. Hunted up there for the past 3 years and have seen some monsters roaming. Was able to arrow a 150 inch 10 in 2012.

BooBillings

KY 1-13 for me. Can't get here fast enough. GL everyone!

Doc

Twelve Pointer
9 days from right now and I'll be driving through Kentucky en route to Ohio

LDG

Twelve Pointer
I'll be in Kentucky from the 7th until ? Where about in Kentucky are you going to be 30\06? I'll be in Mercer county [central].

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
How do you guys obtain your Ohio leases? or are you hunting on public land? Just curious I would love to be able to hunt there for the rut.

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
How do you guys obtain your Ohio leases? or are you hunting on public land? Just curious I would love to be able to hunt there for the rut.

I actually got lucky and met some guys that live up there. We trade hunts. We hunt whitetails with them and then they come down and turkey hunt in the spring with us. Pretty good trade considering we have about 5 different farms to hunt there. Probably wouldn't go if I had to pay for a lease.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I'm blessed to have the farm I have to hunt. It all came about through a old friendship with a neighbor I once had. We both sold our houses 20 years ago...he went one way a couple miles and I went the other. He later sold his place and moved back to Ohio. His wife was the same age as me and 6 months after moving back she came down with a brain tumor and past away. They had a baby daughter at the time of his wife passing. Hes raised that daughter on a farm and he home schools her every day plus works his farm. Neighbors have complain to the county about him riding her on the tractors on his farm. Hes one hell of dad in my book. He never had any hobbies other than work. I use to help him pour concrete when he was my neighbor. We put in some long hours and worked hard at it. We now pick at each other about working 10-2 every day...LOL. I help him do anything he needs done..dont matter if its digging in pig crap to clean out a clogged pipe...I help him and have done that. I helped nutter 50 piglets last spring..never done it before but I enjoyed it...the pigs didnt like it. Moral of my story is never turn down a chance to help somebody else because you might learn something and you might get paid a little later on for doing it...I got a 500 acre farm all to myself. This guy could lease his farm for way more than I'm paying him. Hes turned down 26 people to hunt his farm. His motto is I dont hunt animals, I hunt people. Its funny but hes been very loyal to me and Im thankful. When they find sheds on the farm..his daughter gives them to me for playing soccer with her when I'm up there. I got a special kind of lease. Blessed!

BigCountry40

Six Pointer
Pretty close.. I hunt Lorain County right around Amherst. Pretty sure that borders Medina. Hunted up there for the past 3 years and have seen some monsters roaming. Was able to arrow a 150 inch 10 in 2012.

Yeah they are very close and the counties border each other, I grew very close to the area and coached against both area high schools. Amherst is almost suburban hunting now, from what a lot of my buddies have told me.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
I'm blessed to have the farm I have to hunt. It all came about through a old friendship with a neighbor I once had. We both sold our houses 20 years ago...he went one way a couple miles and I went the other. He later sold his place and moved back to Ohio. His wife was the same age as me and 6 months after moving back she came down with a brain tumor and past away. They had a baby daughter at the time of his wife passing. Hes raised that daughter on a farm and he home schools her every day plus works his farm. Neighbors have complain to the county about him riding her on the tractors on his farm. Hes one hell of dad in my book. He never had any hobbies other than work. I use to help him pour concrete when he was my neighbor. We put in some long hours and worked hard at it. We now pick at each other about working 10-2 every day...LOL. I help him do anything he needs done..dont matter if its digging in pig crap to clean out a clogged pipe...I help him and have done that. I helped nutter 50 piglets last spring..never done it before but I enjoyed it...the pigs didnt like it. Moral of my story is never turn down a chance to help somebody else because you might learn something and you might get paid a little later on for doing it...I got a 500 acre farm all to myself. This guy could lease his farm for way more than I'm paying him. Hes turned down 26 people to hunt his farm. His motto is I dont hunt animals, I hunt people. Its funny but hes been very loyal to me and Im thankful. When they find sheds on the farm..his daughter gives them to me for playing soccer with her when I'm up there. I got a special kind of lease. Blessed!

that's freakin awesome. And how life should be. Good things happen to good ppl

Dthbyhoyt

Old Mossy Horns
Talked to a buddy of mine in Ohio today to see what the bucks are doing , he said they are on their feet and starting to cruise . I will be there next Tuesday ( 10-28 ) for about 14 days or so ...:D