Jim Shockey's Shows

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone else a fan? Like The Professionals or Uncharted... Out of all the hunting shows on tv, I gotta say I rate his shows up there at the top...and not as much for the hunting, but the places he goes, the behind the scenes type stuff and the interaction with the locals...but not only that, it has got, IMO, the best editing and cinematography of any shows I have seen.

Watching an episode of Uncharted right now.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I watched a lot of them and the polar bear hunt was great due to the history and other info they give.

most the shows are about eye candy and big horns... that crap makes me sick.

got to say his are the better ones to watch.

gmiller

Eight Pointer
I don't watch many hunting shows. I really got tired of kill scene after kill scene and all of the staged excitement. But I have watched some of Jim Shockey and enjoyed it. I watched the episode where he took his dad and his dads best friend hunting and that was a great show.

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
They are not on there much. Just the ads.

But I know what you are thinking of..... you would bird dog it.....

I would bird dog it!! lol

Shockey just kinda strikes me as a weird fellar. I dont know why but I just dont have much interest in hunting outside of North America. I guess thats why I cant get into his show that much since most of his hunts are outside the country.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I don't watch many hunting shows. I really got tired of kill scene after kill scene and all of the staged excitement. But I have watched some of Jim Shockey and enjoyed it. I watched the episode where he took his dad and his dads best friend hunting and that was a great show.
I loved those!

I believe his dad and father in-law have both passed on since then if I'm not mistaken...

But as far as the shows themselves go,check out his newer shows. They are even better.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never been in camp with him, but know a few folks that have personally. They all say he's a very easy going and humble guy who is well spoken and very knowledgeable. I'm not big on hunting shows, but his are easy to watch.
BTW..I've got a bit of a Eva crush as well..I met her at the DDC a couple of years ago, she's even better looking in person and very nice to talk to.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
uncharted maybe the best hunting show on TV.............love the international flavor of it.......would love to be able to hunt the places he does........

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Uncharted is awesome, his buddy on the show is pretty cool too. I have the series automatically recording. I also watch Rival Wild, Dropped, and Randy Newbergs show as well as Cody Robbins, Cody goes after some huge bucks.

Black Knight

I saw one of his shows a few years ago in which he really earned my respect. He was bow hunting for moose in thick Alakan cover. After calling a huge moose came within ten yards, starting from about a half mile away. The moose saw Shockey, but could not tell what he was. It slowly walked by, shaking its head. Shockey passed on the shot, for some reason, and turned to the camera with the look of amazement at what had just transpired. That spoke volumes about his character. I agree about Shockey. Anyone who uses old socks for gloves can not be all bad!!!
Eddy

Last edited:

tk26

Six Pointer
I really like uncharted, and the stories behind the hunts. Would love to have the chance to hunt some of the places he goes.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I really like Watching his shows. It talks about some history, the animal and there is always some sort of local flare on his internation trips. Uncle Teds shows are usually fun to watch because of the gun segments and him just being goofy. He will also tell you if he is hunting a high fence. Some of the other guys may shoot 10 different animals in a show and they just giggle and scream the whole time after they massacre everything. I watched one in Africa where the guy must of killed the entire population of the watering hole with arrows and spears etc... It was very annoying.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone else a fan? Like The Professionals or Uncharted... Out of all the hunting shows on tv, I gotta say I rate his shows up there at the top...and not as much for the hunting, but the places he goes, the behind the scenes type stuff and the interaction with the locals...but not only that, it has got, IMO, the best editing and cinematography of any shows I have seen.

Watching an episode of Uncharted right now.

I'd say you covered it well for me. I'm not a Shockey fan boy, per se, but he is a tough old codger with brass balls. He definitely isn't scared to go to the ends of the earth to document and hunt culture and critters.

nc rabbit hunter

I like Shockeys programs!! Especially the high altitude ones!!

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
Jim is a true pioneer in outdoor programming. He has taken hunting shows to a different level with The Professional and Uncharted. You will no doubt see others try to follow in his footsteps with a true documentary style format, but as always, they will not come close to the original. Jim and his production team really thought outside the box with these two shows and if you take the kill scenes out of them, they could be aired on any major network and have a good ratings. From the story line to the cinematography, their shows are outstanding.

yardbat

Button Buck
Shockey is cool. That Corey dude is worrysome. Always stating the obvious and got the small dog following the big dog syndrome. Get another sidekick man...

chrisj0616

I watch any show that has his name on it. You can tell he's sincere and really cares about the people hes around and animals he hunts.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Jim is a true pioneer in outdoor programming. He has taken hunting shows to a different level with The Professional and Uncharted. You will no doubt see others try to follow in his footsteps with a true documentary style format, but as always, they will not come close to the original. Jim and his production team really thought outside the box with these two shows and if you take the kill scenes out of them, they could be aired on any major network and have a good ratings. From the story line to the cinematography, their shows are outstanding.

You are already seeing it with the likes of Gregg Ritz and his new show........he was hunting Tur in Azerbaijan and it had the feel of Shockey's uncharted......

Datrip

Six Pointer
Love Shockey's shows, especially Unchartered. His sidekick on Unchartered, Cory, will not be back next year according to Jim's Facebook page.