What Do You Do?

Good to hear your enjoying your work. I mean heck, I'd jump at the chance to do that. I also know about the sales goals issue. It can get pretty hectic. But from my experience, when your passionate about your job, things tend to work out for the better.

Yeah, I do enjoy my job. :D retail gets frustrating at times with unrealistic goals from upper management, but the sales floor side is awesome.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Own a pet supply store. Enjoy owning own business but it also comes with a lot of headaches.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm on the white collar side of construction. I play on a computer and color for a living: estimator

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
TeleHealth Clinical Technician for the Veteran's Administration.....I put the Veterans and the providers in the same room..even if they are in different states or countries. And "other duties as assigned as well :D

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Gets paid 'coloring' on a computer.... same thing my friends 3 year old little girl does.... Must be nice!

most of the time it is. There is this saying about estimators. Most of the time they are grossly over paid, the rest of the time they are grossly under paid.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Self employed, been running up and down roofs installing metal roofing systems for over 12 years. That will come to a halt in March of next year, Lord willing.

nc rabbit hunter

Grade 4 Biological water pollution control system operator.Meaning a professional hockeyologist.Keeping the Cape Fear clean!!

I'm an athletic trainer, oddly enough, at Campbell University. I'm responsible for the healthcare of our wrestling and tennis student athletes.

rudisillnolan

Forest Management major at NCSU, as well as a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT back home.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
sreynoldsatc I'm sure we've probably seen each other on campus before being it's not that big. I'm the guy with the beard and long goatee usually riding around in a university truck.

Gasman

Twelve Pointer
Operations Director for a commercial electrical contractor during the week, travel to racetracks on the weekends

Well, I gotta say. You ALL have me beat when it comes to careers. A landscaper doesn't sound like much when compared to a TeleHealth Clinical Technician, Grade 4 Biological water pollution control system operator, Forest Management major or a Radiation Therapist. You guys have some pretty awesome jobs, I have to say.

Last edited:

Bigtime

I'm also retired due to a back injury. I used to be a full time firefighter and paramedic.

I know that's tough work. Its what my father does now. Most of the time he walks around talking about how hard it is, but I have a secret suspicion, that he actually really likes his job.

Retired now ....due to a back injury , but drove semi's (18 wheelers) for almost 40 years.

Last edited:

tptrux11

Commercial Construction Estimator...specifically in the petroleum market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Arborist/Plant Health Care Tech/ Mechanic when stuff breaks and keeps me from doing the other two

Avery Creek

Twelve Pointer
I'm interested in hearing more info on this one. Sounds like its a dirty job. :D

It is what it is...but after I scoop all the poop I get to do this...
IMG_6251_zpsca8a908e.jpg

and this...
IMG_0756-U.jpg