Goose hunting today

TeamLockedUP

Sitting out here on the lake giving the geese a try today maybe they'll show up never know i usually try to give the a chance in October nothing else ill get to scout for ducks and burn some boat gas

JD1107

I must be missing where you can hunt geese today. What part of the state are you in?

In the Southern James Bay Hunt Zone you can hunt geese from Oct.1 - Oct. 28. Then again Nov. 8 - Dec. 31.
I imagine he's hunting geese today in that part of the state.

TeamLockedUP

Yes I was in the southern james bay zone seen several big groups of woodies no big ducks at all kinda surprised but I did have one group of about 15 honkers come by but they were little to high to shoot still nice to be out on this cool morning

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Fresh cut bean field by the house had about 1.2k-1.5k in it yesterday....

Last edited:

TeamLockedUP

Fresh cut bean field by the house had about 1.2k-1.5k in it yesterday....
Don't count when you live somewhere that has birds NC gets worse every year I would say not many more seasons and the goose hunting will be no existent here pretty much is here now except for a few select locations

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Don't count when you live somewhere that has birds NC gets worse every year I would say not many more seasons and the goose hunting will be no existent here pretty much is here now except for a few select locations

Agree 100%. I remember 10 years ago when I would shoot 50-60 geese in the early season and about that many the rest of the year. Now..... I couldn't remember the last time I shot at a goose. It's terrible. 15 bird limits and parks, golf courses and silt ponds on every corner doesn't help. The only geese left have a multitude of refuges to live on.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
That's our problem. I can take you to three places within 10 minutes from my house that hold over 100 geese per location but they know better than to leave their safe havens. I'm just crossing my fingers that they'll get stupid one day.

Jmac

That's our problem. I can take you to three places within 10 minutes from my house that hold over 100 geese per location but they know better than to leave their safe havens. I'm just crossing my fingers that they'll get stupid one day.

And theres the problem, they live so damn long and the young follow the old. I've got access to 150 -200 using one of my duck areas. I plan on putting it to them before ducks start really showing. Last year the ducks drew to the geese and really messed up a couple of duck hunts for me. They're at this place every year no fail and I want them gone.

TeamLockedUP

And theres the problem, they live so damn long and the young follow the old. I've got access to 150 -200 using one of my duck areas. I plan on putting it to them before ducks start really showing. Last year the ducks drew to the geese and really messed up a couple of duck hunts for me. They're at this place every year no fail and I want them gone.
JMAC I got the full field setup to killem and water set up wouldn't mind shooting a limit of them

Jmac

JMAC I got the full field setup to killem and water set up wouldn't mind shooting a limit of them
I pm'd you my number a while back, if ya got it give me a call, if you don't let me know and I will get it to ya again. I'm gonna be watching the geese come in this evening and am trying to locate the field they're using.

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
LockedUP mighty nice of you to have someone go with you like that. Not many folks are willing to help fellow bird hunters out. Love knocking down those big honkers! Good luck fellas, look forward to seeing a truckbed full!