What's Your Favorite Hunting Rifle Manufacturer And Why?

Favorite Hunting Rifle Manufacturer And Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
Just curious what everyone's favorite hunting rifle manufacturer is and why? For me it's Browning hands down! It was my grandpa's favorite gun maker and I got my love of Brownings from him.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Poll really isn't valid because it all depends on so many different factors i.e. what you are going to be hunting; best out of the box gun; best bang for your money etc etc.

sakoman

Sako for me, I like Sako actions,triggers, and barrels. They seem to be the best out of all the other factory made rifles I've used. For custom I like a Sako action with a Hart barrel in 300 win.mag

Jon

Marlin... because they make a fine lever rifle, and it's pretty, and I can walk carrying it by pistol grip without dragging any leaves. Deer taste better, shot with a lever rifle. And lastly, there's the satisfaction of killing deer with a cartridge lots of ballistic chart experts say is weak, and limited...

yes, yes... I know about RemLin...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never owned one, but built custom on several Dakota actions, they are really well built actions and their rifles are tough to beat as well.

nchunter2

Eight Pointer
I like any rifle that shoots accurately and I've killed deer with old Swedish Mausers to Steyrs and everything in between. Don't think I disliked any rifle I've hunted in the field. I would like to deer hunt with a .375 H&H pre64 Win 70 just for the heck of it!

Crappie man

Six Pointer
I have 3 different Model 700 rifles.If I was buying another rifle tomorrow it would be another one.I hit where I aim and that is all I need out of a rifle .

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anything but browning.
really like the old school stuff like a mauser action be it a military or a ruger or winchester pre 64 claw ext
the only current design guns is the Remington 700.
Most the old stuff like sako styer and the likes are good.
just hard to beat a 700 for the aftermarket support.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Partial to ruger. But not a big fan of the new hawkeyes. I like the old red pad m77s and the ones with the skeleton stocks. I like old remington as well but will not buy a new one. If buying a new rifle today it's a savage no questions asked. I've purchased several over the last few years and hands down most accurate rifle out of the box I've purchased.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some tough choices. I like the old Mauser actions and the new Savages for their out of the box accuracy and new styling. I have great respect for Ruger primarily for his keen eye for putting together a firearm by utilizing proven design elements from other designers, their style, durablity and for his accomplishments with precision investment casting. At the end of the day though, I would probably pick a newer Savage. Second choice would be Ruger 1 provided it was a 'shooter'. Ruger Ones can be hit and miss in that department.

Last edited:

bgbuckdwn

Grew up shooting brownings, and now growing old still shooting some of those same brownings and my daughter will grow old shooting those brownings

DCD77

Four Pointer
I voted Browning because I love my old Bar. We have 2 Rugers that I wouldn't let go. My son has a youth Savage 243 the is the most accurate of them all

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Remington M700. Simply because I've had most all of the major manufacturers rifles, and some not so major. NO other manufacturers rifles shoot as well, as consistently, as any version of the M700.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ncboman

I voted for Winchester because I've put more pounds of meat on the table with a Winchester than any other brand.

I know others are of higher quality but the proof is in the pudding for me. My ol 94 has killed a boxcar load of deer and never failed me.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rice 38" & 42" round bottom groove barrels
Chambers deluxe Siler Flint lock assemblies
Davis double set triggers
Super premium + + curly maple

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Ruger or 700 Remington. I have both and enjoy shooting both, but partial to the M77. My dad bought it new in 1978 and is my go-to gun. Something about that Mauser action.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Remington. It is all I have ever owned and has not failed me yet. I am sure others are as good or better, but it workd for me.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Old school savages,,, easy to swap calibers and barrels, nice easy to tune trigger and safety that you can get to a clean well, they are tough, and they flat out work