What's Your Favorite Hunting Rifle Manufacturer And Why?

Favorite Hunting Rifle Manufacturer And Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Love my older Rem. 700. I would have to give the new ones a try. I like the Savage and Marlin bolts also. I don't think any one makes a real lever, Marlin or Win and I do love my "originals".

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
That is good... if I would get that on a consistent basis from a Browning, I wouldn't be so down on em

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

We're the barrels properly broken in? Did you get them new or used. Not saying you didn't break them in correctly just asking. Most often improper break in is the reason for inconsistent groupings, and lack of consistency.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We're the barrels properly broken in? Did you get them new or used. Not saying you didn't break them in correctly just asking. Most often improper break in is the reason for inconsistent groupings, and lack of consistency.

The ones that I started with new were broken in correctly.
The used ones, I couldn't tell you.

I will tell you that the best shooting one was NOT broken in period. It was taken out of the box, scope mounted, and shot 3 times. They all hit a paper plate at 50 yards, and then it was carried hunting. It was hunted with like that for 20+ years.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will tell you that the best shooting one was NOT broken in period. It was taken out of the box, scope mounted, and shot 3 times. They all hit a paper plate at 50 yards, and then it was carried hunting. It was hunted with like that for 20+ years.

With accuracy like that, no sense in ruining it with a proper break-in! ;)

ditchbank

Banned
To me Browning makes te best looking gun...I have a white gold medallion...but as far as a real killing machine straight out of the box shooter....I give credit to savage!!

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
I guess the Ruger 77's with the three position safety as I have them in 22lr, 22 mag, 22 Hornet, 30-06, and 25-06. Also a Remington 700 in 280 Remington that came out of the factory in 1979 marked 7mm-06. This is my lucky rifle as I have killed my largest bucks with it and had only one that I didn't recover and only 1 I missed with it. Every thing else hit the ground dead. Then I have a soft spot for a Remington 760 in 300 savage. And a ...oh well, I love 'em all:)

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
To me Browning makes te best looking gun...I have a white gold medallion...but as far as a real killing machine straight out of the box shooter....I give credit to savage!!

Which caliber and what kind of scope have you topped it with? I've got a white gold medallion in 264win mag #1 of 50 that I'm having a heck of a time deciding what to scope it with.

gregor187

Six Pointer
I was asked that question by a retired man at the range who was just getting into guns....My friends smart a__ teen age son jumped in and said my favorite gun is the next one I buy......I am afraid he was very correct.

So the next one I buy is my favorite..............Aint America a good place to live?