Leupold 3x9x40 VARI-X 2

NickP

Ten Pointer
Hey guys my cousins in the trading buying and selling business and is also on a tv show called baggage claim wars. Anyway he just picked up a lot of scopes from an auction and I saw a Leupold in the pictures and told him I'll take it. It's an older model it had butler creek scope covers on it so we agreed on $125. After agreeing I asked him to pull the front cover to see what model and if it had a gold ring. Sure enough it did. Did I get a good deal or what?
Thanks guys

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
I would say heck yes you got a good deal if it is in working order. Does he have any others that he wants to sell at a good price?

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
Yeah if it's in good shape, I'd say you got a great deal. I paid $329 last year for my Leupold VX-II 3-9X40 with the LR Duplex, and it was worth every penny!!

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, I have 2 that are over 15 years old and with both you can see to shoot after legal shooting light... :eek:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would say heck yes you got a good deal if it is in working order. Does he have any others that he wants to sell at a good price?

This.... but even if it isn't in working order, send it to Leupold, and it soon will be in working order. If they can't fix it, they will replace it.

Side note... the Vari X II's are, IMO, better quality than the VX II's.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NickP

Ten Pointer
So it's sounds like I did pretty good. He was a little upset that I didn't tell him about pulling the scope covers off until after I payed him but what the he'll he's family! No more scopes left worth anything.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Yes that is a good deal. Leupold has a lifetime warranty regardless of who the original purchaser was.