Warren County Dog Hunters

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
How has your season been? I am a still hunter but wanted to check and see if y'alls numbers are down on jumped deer. It seems EHD was worse than I thought and would like any input/info you can offer.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Only hunted one day so far. Took a while to jump. I have heard some clubs doing real good and some a little below normal. All in the southern and eastern part of the county though.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Only hunted one day so far. Took a while to jump. I have heard some clubs doing real good and some a little below normal. All in the southern and eastern part of the county though.

Thanks for the info,,,,I hope I am reading too much into it but I admit I am worried about the low numbers.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I truly think the numbers are down. Talked to a guy today all the deer are dead on Shocco Creek, the ones that didn't die of EHD got shot in the past week. Some guys had a rough go just east of there today, they saw deer but not like normal. I'll be trying it on the southern Warren/Halifax line tomorrow. We see how that goes. I have already mentioned to the guys at the club if we don't start seeing good numbers we may need to consider not killing does. In the mean time if we don't jump a deer maybe we can kill some yotes. I know we got plenty of them. LOL

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
We ran a few deer today, about what was a normal day. Did a fair amount of walking around and didn't see a bunch of concentrated sign, but there was light sign pretty much any where.

Natural Flight Ryan

We ran a few deer today, about what was a normal day. Did a fair amount of walking around and didn't see a bunch of concentrated sign, but there was light sign pretty much any where.

What kind of truck do you drive? I bet I saw you today, or at least some of your group. I was gonna stop and see if y'all had jumped anything, but I was in a hurry

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
A guy in our club talked to the game warden the other day, and he said that the biologist in the area is estimating a 30% kill rate so far in Warren county and into our direction. We are not seeing many deer still hunting, but the dog clubs seem to be doing fine as their dogs came running deer by us all week....I did hear that they are not killing many deer so far though.

Last edited: