Blood pressure medicine

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I seem to get colder quicker. I am on blood pressure medicine now. Those of you that are also, is this a side effect? Or am I just getting old?

Sent from my iPhone

VikingsFan8178

blood thinners will do it for sure, not sure about blood pressure meds.

I have noticed that I am much less cold tolerant then when I was younger.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Sure no pressure means, the blood stays in the extremities longer, longer it stays cooler it gets, in turn cooler you body will stay that way cause its be perfused by cooler blood. What kinda pressure meds you taking? BETA blockers, Water Pills or Angiotension blockers?
Been on them for a while and I certainly have to keep a extra blanket on the bed. And I don't short change my layers when I am hunting and If I get toward the miserable weather while hunting, by gas logs call my name quickly.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I havent noticed any difference but ive always been hot natured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I can't stand the cold like I once could don't know if its the blood pressure meds I have been taking for many years or not since I am now an old man. I can say for sure there are side effects for me with taking the stuff..

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am on Lasinopril.

I also use Lisinopril...have for several years...never noticed any change in how I noticed cold that I'd attribute to it.

But the past couple of those years I've started noticing cold more too.
And its been during the time I've been retired and went on a permanent change of diet and permanently dropped 35 pounds.
So unless age also factors into it, I believe my change in noticing cold has been the weight loss.

PS:
Next time you have blood work done ask them to check your Thyroid if don't already.
It can make you run hot or cold depending if its off the mark one way or another.
Hypothyroidism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I take Lisinopril also but have not experienced the getting cold quicker syndrome. Matter of fact, my experience is the exact opposite. I tolerate cold now better than I did when I was younger. Sort of bassackwards, I know, cause cold bothers most old farts more than it did when they were younger.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Funny, I just lit the first fire of the season in the woodburner....and it sure feels nice to these old bones. What I've learned though in almost 62 years on this side of the dirt is that it ain't the years that gets to ya, it's the miles. This old odometer has spun over more than a few times and I can feel every one of them when it's starts cooling off.....