cougar in Gaston Co.?

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
There's a doe up here in McDowell county that has some substantial scarring on one side due to a bobcat attack. The property owners never fenced her in they just dressed her wounds and left her alone now she'll walk right up to you without a second thought. I think that'll be the end of her sometime, but I'd say the culprit is most likely a dog or bobcat seeing as how those minature horses are very small.

Last edited:

ChasinTrophies

It sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine. He has horses and a mule. All were attacked but one of the culprits was killed by the mule. They were coyotes.

Last edited:
When events like this happen, why does no one put out a trail camera? Bait the darn thing up with meat, and see what happens. A close up shot with a trail camera would be much better than a blurry shot with an iPhone.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
When events like this happen, why does no one put out a trail camera? Bait the darn thing up with meat, and see what happens. A close up shot with a trail camera would be much better than a blurry shot with an iPhone.
If they dont exist how do we know what they eat??

Well, if it is in fact a Mountain Lion, or some subspecies of the mountain lion, it would lend credence to the fact that it would most likely eat meat. It didn't attack the horse looking for blueberries.

If they dont exist how do we know what they eat??

Last edited:

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
She needs a guard donkey. I'm starting to see a lot of them in cow pastures to protect calves from coyotes.