Finally!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One climbed a tree in NC where I could see it. I thought I had a monkey on my back here that I wasn't ever gonna get off.

Went to a place I really hate because it is thick and rough but it paid off. Rampage did a real good job. He ran the coon through some real rough stuff and I moved around and got ahead of him and he finally wound up running the coon within 60 yards of me at one time. I actually heard it in the leaves and wasn't sure what it was to Rampage came through on the track. I thought that was pretty neat.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Last night was really the best hunt I have had this year for several reasons. Of course the first I have knocked out here in NC. Even though I have killed some to him in SC we are still "getting acquainted". I really have liked what I have seen with him so far I really hadn't known for sure what he was doing as far as hard/nasty tracking conditions.

Last night he was in about as bad as it gets. Wind blown dry leaves at times half knee deep, running through a 6 year old clearcut that a hog would have a hard time crawling through. He went with him across that like a flash then got him in a bottom that is flooded by beavers. I watched him check up on trees and work that area for 10 mins on my Garmin and I thought the coon had went up. Then he lined him out of there across a ridge toward a highway that had me concerned. That was when I went around to cut him off if he did get on the highway. Luckily the coon skirted the highway and went to another patch of woods and pressured him enough to get him up before he made it to a den. He proved he has what I though he did all along. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I really like that dog. Glad that he is working out for you. Would be great if you lived closer but then again these mountains don't treat us senior citizens very kindly. LOL.