Tattoos

HARDY T

Can game wardens in NC have tattoos on the lower arm as long as there not offensive?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I would check with the NCWildlife department. Speak with one of the directors about the regulations and dress code.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Police and deptuies can i know several who do. Highway patrol wears long sleeves so it doesnt matter. I would THINK game wardens would be permitted to have them.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Police and deptuies can i know several who do. Highway patrol wears long sleeves so it doesnt matter. I would THINK game wardens would be permitted to have them.

I was checked by a GW years ago that had some sort of tribal band around his wrist. So I would assume they can...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
I would check with the NCWildlife department. Speak with one of the directors about the regulations and dress code.

This.. Give em a call and ask. I have tattoos below the elbows but can wear short sleeves at my dept. because they are not deemed "offensive". It varies from agency to agency

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
With the popularity of tatoos these days I wouldn't think anything non-offensive would be disallowed. Would sound like an open invitation for another ever present law suite. What happened? Get a ticket?

HARDY T

Thank y'all! The reason I was asking. Is I'm in the army now but getting out in a little while and thats what I want to do when I get out and like a lot of people in the army I got sum tattoos while I'm in.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
No problem asking but as RN stated, why not just call the commission and ask them. What you get here will be mostly opinion and not the definitive answer you are looking. I'll bet there is someone in the office right now that can answer your question.

HARDY T

No problem asking but as RN stated, why not just call the commission and ask them. What you get here will be mostly opinion and not the definitive answer you are looking. I'll bet there is someone in the office right now that can answer your question.

Yeah that's what I figured, yeah I will give them a call once I get back to the states. Have a good day

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thats good to hear! Glad to see the NCWRC having some standards!

Just remember some of the men with those tattoos are the reason you aren't speaking in Arabic. Tattoos are common as boots and guns in the Untied States armed forces and those men are some of the most honorable and dignified men in the country in my opinion. So, I assume you don't have any tattoos. Well.....lets bring all the men with tattoos defending out country home and let someone with high standards like you go live in the desert away from your family and get shot at.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just remember some of the men with those tattoos are the reason you aren't speaking in Arabic. Tattoos are common as boots and guns in the Untied States armed forces and those men are some of the most honorable and dignified men in the country in my opinion. So, I assume you don't have any tattoos. Well.....lets bring all the men with tattoos defending out country home and let someone with high standards like you go live in the desert away from your family and get shot at.
You beat me to it and I don't have any tats.

HARDY T

Thank you for that wildcat! I do have a few tattoos but I got mine for buddies that didn't make it home. That's I deal with it and I figure its a lot better than drugs or drinkin it all away. I'm not some punk with naked girls on my neck and cuss words all over! Thanks again to the ones feel the same way! Yall are the reason I do what I do!

Last edited by a moderator:

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thank you for that! I do have a few tattoos but I got mine for buddies that didn't make it home that I deal with in a figure it a lot better than drugs or drinkin it all away. I'm not some punk with naked girls on my neck and cuss words all over! Thanks again to the ones feel the same way! Yall are the reason I do what I do!

I'm the one who owes the thank you.

Natural Flight Ryan

I've got no problem with it either way, but I do see it as a little more professional to not have visible tattoos. Just curious where you would draw the line in a public service position? Arms, full sleeves, neck, eyelids, spiderweb on shaved head, inner lip?

THERYANO311

Twelve Pointer
If it's not offensive then it shouldn't matter if they have them visible or not. It's 2014 for goodness sake I think we should be passed the tattoos are trashy stage like a lot of people think. Plus out military guys get them a lot, they are exactly who we need in the law enforcement community when they return.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it wouldn't effect my chances of getting hired in the medical profession I would have full sleeves.

One of the bridesmaids at my wedding is a charge nurse at Baptist Hospital in Miami.
tyge3yqe.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
If it wouldn't effect my chances of getting hired in the medical profession I would have full sleeves.

My wifes a nurse and I just asked her about this..she said you just have to cover them up. Nose piercing same thing ..take them out.

OP thanks for your service.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
It will effect my chances of getting hired is my point. Whether someone sees me at the gas station in a t-shirt or somebody tells my future employer while I'm in the hiring process, its not accepted by everyone and I'm not leaving myself out there to be judged knowing one persons opinion can effect my career.

Last edited:

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
It will effect my chances of getting hired is my point. Whether someone sees me at the gas station in a t-shirt or somebody tells my future employer while I'm in the hiring process, its not accepted by everyone and I'm not leaving myself out there to be judged knowing one persons opinion can effect my career.

That it will in most professions, which isn't right in my opinion. I got all my tattoos in the military but was lucky enough to not have it affect me as far as job opportunities outside of the Army. It will be accepted alot more someday but not any time soon I dont think.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I seen a chick working at wake med that was sleeved.

I don't have a problem with tats either but I don't care for them on women like that. Of course it doesn't effect me so I should just shut up about them...lol

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Some folks won't hire you if they know you are a hunter.....better stop now. ;)