Flounder boat named!!

nc rabbit hunter

Well I have heard it all now!! While floundering tonite in a bay this northern accented female makes a long trip across her yard to interact with us as we went by her little dock.She informed us in yankee fashion that we were very intimidating to her and that we should not be out there around their property,well it didnt go good and she got an earful throwed back at her!!! She informed me she lived there,well lady ive been floating by there for almost 40 years!!! We have total respect for piers and docks that are occupied but when you make a special trip to start trouble I will definately not back down!!! I told my wife I had definately come up with a name for my old alumacraft!! The Intimadator!!!! Heck I may visit her again,next time Ill advise her of the harrasment laws!! Ok,my rant is over!!

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Glad you gave her an earful back, they think they own the water as well as the land. Then the Northerners wonder why the Southern people don't like them..

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Let her know next time that her property only extends down to the low tide line, since you are in the water, you are on State owned property...

Then moon her!!!! :eek:

Stick&String

Old Mossy Horns
Nice. It reminds me of a time we were on the intercostal down in Wilmington. We floated by this dock that had a gazebo. All you could hear is the flick of the line and splash of the bait. Then... Giggling, a guy all out laughs and runs up the ramp back to the house in nothing but his birthday suit. We assumed the female was still there. My buddy said "sorry" and we moved on.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seen it all too often down in Florida. I had a lady come out on her balcony to give me hell about being in the condo pool, by myself, at 9:05PM. Ranted at me for several minutes, threatened to call the law until I loudly informed her that I knew where she lived and she didn't have a clue where I lived. She retreated.

nc rabbit hunter

Close!!!! Heck we got cussed out 2 years ago for surf fishing behind a cottage a lady had rented for the week!! She was from up north and demanded we leave,well in a matter of minutes we had 20 folks fishing the same slough!! She was bowed up like a bantam rooster!!!

23mako

Ten Pointer
Yankees really do suck. I consider them separate from northerners. NC is chop full of them now.

nc rabbit hunter

They dont even like the shrimp trawlers going thru by the dock,but they buy the houses behind their unloading dock!!! The guys at the fish house talk like they are after them too.

Deerpack

Eight Pointer
23mako, you ain't kidding! In the last 10 years, they have taken over Raleigh and surrounding areas. They have made it to where I just want to move down east away from all of the self centered, all about me...type Yankees!!

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Yankees really do suck. I consider them separate from northerners. NC is chop full of them now.

Well actually I consider all of them from up north Yankees. Only a few I have met in past years act like they care for others no matter what northern state they are originally from. Around our area most of them don't even like each other..

nc rabbit hunter

My friends said I intimidated her because I favor a terrorist because of my bushy beard!!! I should have babbled some crazy jibber jabber!!

23mako

Ten Pointer
In all honesty, the northerners I have met I would consider clinically insane. The snow birds at the beach are hands down the worst.

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Had a guy giving us he!! For shooting his ducks...all the way up till the time the game warden that HE called....sgowed and he was politely told that we were within the rights of the law and that he would soon be written a ticket for harassment.

Last edited:

Carolinafatz

Guess I gonna start packin my stuff n heading back north. Shame bc I liked it down here n met some good ol boys along the way!! Nah y'all can't get rid of me now. I technically own to many broken vehicles n dogs to go north of the mason Dixon!! In living here 10years u couldn't pay me to go back n I hate the Yankees too but we all ain't the anti Christ !!!

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
know of a couple that live in this housing development that called Pope Air field to complain of the planes flying to low over there house. Few days ago she was complaining of someone shooting a rifle behind her house...on his property thru the woods several hundred yards away. Back in the summer a friend set up a FoxPro game call behind her house just off her property line down in the woods...and you know those things are loud if volume turned up. Well, waited till bedtime and he blasted a raccoon fighting off and on for several hours...next day here she comes "What in the ---- was that last night, kept us awake all night." Guy told her did not hear a thing, sleep like a baby all night. Went on several nights of raccoons fighting, coyote pup screaming, screaming gray fox....different one each night...several hours at a time all the night. Would cut it off for a long time then back on again. Went on several days and game warden even called....never found out what or where it was...every time he would show up...all was quiet that night. Never heard what happened to her...she probably told all her tea party friends this one.

Buckshot00

know of a couple that live in this housing development that called Pope Air field to complain of the planes flying to low over there house. Few days ago she was complaining of someone shooting a rifle behind her house...on his property thru the woods several hundred yards away. Back in the summer a friend set up a FoxPro game call behind her house just off her property line down in the woods...and you know those things are loud if volume turned up. Well, waited till bedtime and he blasted a raccoon fighting off and on for several hours...next day here she comes "What in the ---- was that last night, kept us awake all night." Guy told her did not hear a thing, sleep like a baby all night. Went on several nights of raccoons fighting, coyote pup screaming, screaming gray fox....different one each night...several hours at a time all the night. Would cut it off for a long time then back on again. Went on several days and game warden even called....never found out what or where it was...every time he would show up...all was quiet that night. Never heard what happened to her...she probably told all her tea party friends this one.

Thanks. I needed a laugh.

scott.hobbs.336

If she didn't have cranial inversion she would not have hearing problems.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I don't think it is where a person is from but it is the attitude they have. I've met breed and born southerners just as bad as yankees, just a whole lot less of them. Now to give credit, I have a few friends from northern states that are just a good ole boy as they come.

When that type goes to screamin', cussing and threatening to call the law, I try to remain calm and tell them I'll be there when the law arrives. Several times after the law arrived, the person was warned that if they continued they would be getting the citation. Did see one of them hauled away after they threatened the LEO. After that happens I think they start to understand a little.

Some didn't get the reaction I think they were looking for and I have been actually able to talk with them.

Last edited: