Hate a thief!!!

Rfish

Twelve Pointer
Walked in to hunt this morning real quiet like a ninja, get to the tree and no stand to get in!!!!

They got my camera too. About a $400 hit at one time.

Whoever got it, I hope you really enjoy using what I have worked my butt off to get. Better yet I hope you fall out of it and break your neck!!!!

Edit to add: it was a Summit Viper 180 climbing stand (has the half circle on the front instead of straight bar) and a Covert MP6 camo. I have only used the stand about 6 times total in 3 years so it is basically brand new. Also has Molle straps

this was in the Edge of Chatham county close to Apex Nursery.

Last edited:

Avery Taxidermy

That happened to me before it is a sick feeling. Sorry.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You just can't hunt after that, no going and sitting down on a log or up to a tree and finishing up the morning. Been there done that.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
I understand, lost my stand and a scent maker
hanging in a tree.
A rake I used to keep the scrape fresh wasn't taken, imagine that.

Rfish

Twelve Pointer
You just can't hunt after that, no going and sitting down on a log or up to a tree and finishing up the morning. Been there done that.

you are right.... first time I had been hunting since I hurt my back last sunday....was going to be a beautiful morning, planning on sitting late b/c didnt have a thing to do ......SUCKS!

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Private or game lands?

There is a ton of deer around there. Jean's Berry Patch was hit so hard this year that it didn't open to the public.

I hunt in the area so I'll keep an eye out.

PG2

Ten Pointer
Go to the nearest Flea Market this weekend and look around, you might be surprised what you find....

Rfish

Twelve Pointer
Private or game lands?

There is a ton of deer around there. Jean's Berry Patch was hit so hard this year that it didn't open to the public.

I hunt in the area so I'll keep an eye out.

Private....but only 1/2 mile or so from GL.....lots of deer up there that is for sure!

ncboman

check for 4wheeler tracks around the spot. That may lead you to a suspect.

Bigtime

Man I sure am sorry that your stuff got stolen. It takes a sorry hunter to steal from another hunter!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I feel your pain, I had API stolen a few years back. It was a present from my wife when money was super tight and she scraped to save enough for a Christmas present. I still look for it in Craigslist and at the flea markets and it's been three years.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
That 180 SD is a very unique looking stand, large stand and seat and there are not alot of them in use around here. I would spend a little money and make it hard for the thief to sell your stand. A few hundred flyers passed around at local stores and a Craigslist/Facebook ad with photos of your stand will maybe slow'em down or get them caught.

Rfish

Twelve Pointer
That 180 SD is a very unique looking stand, large stand and seat and there are not alot of them in use around here. I would spend a little money and make it hard for the thief to sell your stand. A few hundred flyers passed around at local stores and a Craigslist/Facebook ad with photos of your stand will maybe slow'em down or get them caught.

That's a good idea.

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
Hate to hear that Rfish!! It's sad when a man can't leave his deer stand, or put up a camera! They'll get what's coming to them!

Rfish

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the replies and for the ones that said they would keep an eye out.

Just want to keep this at the top for a few days incase anyone has heard anything.

I know it's a long shot since who ever stole it is probably a hunter and is some sitting very comfortable.

double

Twelve Pointer
Flea markets and thrift stores are the wild west of stolen goods. I run a pawn shop and every thing I buy or pawn goes into a national database daily and is referenced against police reports. Actually just had to return a welder this morning. IN most cases thrift shops do not have that burden and thieves know it. Flea markets are the same. in your case though you are probably right a hunter took it and is sitting pretty right now.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate that for you....if you registered the serial number at Covert.... and added a password you might be able to have Covert to flag it if anyone tries to change the password.