Tough day in the market for Gun companies

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Sturm Ruger is down almost 10% because gun demand was down 3rd quarter.

Smith and Wesson down 6%

Alliant Tech Systems (ammo and accessories) down almost 7% to a near 52 week low, saying 2013 was the peak buying period.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
We havent sold nearly as many guns at work over the last several months. Last year it seemed like we would sell 6 or 7 every day. Now we are doing good to sell 2 a day.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's about time for a correction. The demand for firearms couldn't continue at the previous rate forever and some level of saturation had to happen sooner or later. Things have been normalizing for several months now and prices have started in the opposite direction with availability satisfied in most categories. I'm happy - once again - to not be the proud owner of a $1500 AR-15 that's now worth half that now.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Wait til after the election.... it'll be strong again..... after the voter fraud allows the dems to keep their seats, many many folks will feel the need to purchase

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Crazy panic buying had to end sometime..as did the crazy selling prices that the stores, ammo and firearms manufacturers took full advantage of and are still trying to do so. I don't think they will find many people who will cry if they don't continue to post record profits for years to come. It will all even out in the near future, especially if the elections go the way of the Republicans.

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Don't feel bad about it. They made a killing on inflated prices and the number of firearms sold. No way it was sustainable.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Wait til after the election.... it'll be strong again..... after the voter fraud allows the dems to keep their seats, many many folks will feel the need to purchase

This..^^ I am afraid Dan is right but I do hope he is wrong...We'll see soon...

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I heard on talk radio that cheaper than dirt is having a sale.

Sent from my iPhone

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Now is definitely the time to stock up on ammo.

Time will tell but I have this feeling that Zero isn't done with us yet. His plan (IMO) is to permanently disrupt the gun culture and making ammo too expensive to shoot recreationally in large amounts is a practical way to do this as the last two years have shown. Regardless of any election results, he has two years left to do this and he has a running start with the NATO Small Arms Treaty. .22 LR is the gateway cartridge for young shooters and that is just now becoming available on demand yet high in price. These next two years are going to be hard on conservatives with his Executive Orders and 'guns' aren't going to be immune I'm afraid. I hope I am wrong.

holton27596

I agree with the others. after the republicans let the dems win again gun sales will take off again.

jimmyjam

Six Pointer
Im looking to buy a pistol. Wheres the best place without having to travel to far from W-S to get a good buy at?

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'd like to have a decent AR,,, need to do some looking

Ed had some Ruger AR-15's the other day for $579.95. They felt really good and with the features they had like forward assist, dust cover, flip up rear sight they're probably the best deal out there for the money.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Ed had some Ruger AR-15's the other day for $579.95. They felt really good and with the features they had like forward assist, dust cover, flip up rear sight they're probably the best deal out there for the money.

Who the heck is Ed??????

skydog

As an owner of some Ruger stock today wasn't much fun for me but like others have said, demand will rebound at some point as soon as we have the next political, etc. shock or scare. Now is a good time to buy the gun you're thinking about because prices aren't going to go any lower.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'd like to have a decent AR,,, need to do some looking

Check the selection here and sign-up for sale notifications if you want the best deals. They routinely offer free shipping so you can get an AR fairly cheap if you have a local FFL that only charges a minimal amount to handle the transfer. Sometimes the best deals are found by getting the upper and lower assemblies separate.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/

Last edited:

gremcat

Twelve Pointer

The 556 Ruger piston gun is usually 1300+ is that the one you saw? I think the only other one they make is a 22 lr. I could be wrong.

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ruger has a new one out (AR-556) that is a DI gun...........not a piston gun. Looks to be a pretty good buy for the price.

robertfurr530

It's about time for a correction. The demand for firearms couldn't continue at the previous rate forever and some level of saturation had to happen sooner or later. Things have been normalizing for several months now and prices have started in the opposite direction with availability satisfied in most categories. I'm happy - once again - to not be the proud owner of a $1500 AR-15 that's now worth half that now.

I can relate on the $800 dollar AR for $1500 dollars during that stressful time. Not a good time. Still don't regret it

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
The 556 Ruger piston gun is usually 1300+ is that the one you saw? I think the only other one they make is a 22 lr. I could be wrong.

No this is a new gun ruger has come out with.....it is a standard AR.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Pistons and DI I have a clue about but all the other stuff is greek to me,, gonna hafto read up on ARs,,,

clp311

Couldn't agree more Dan. Remember everyone! Everything is political if it has anything to do with money what so ever.